I have a question about the reset command for S29AL008J70BFI010.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JUTA_2823561
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi team

I have a question about the reset command for S29AL008J70BFI010.

The following is described in the data sheet.

================================================== ================================================== ===========================

10.2 Reset Command

Writing the reset command to the device resets the device to reading array data.Address bits are do n’t care for this command.

The reset command may be written between the sequence cycles in an erase command sequence before erasing begins.

This resets the device to reading array data.

Once erasure begins, however, the device ignores reset commands until the operation is complete.

The reset command may be written `` between the sequence cycles in a program command sequence '' before programming begins.

This resets the device to reading array data (also applies to programming in Erase Suspend mode).

Once programming begins, however, the device ignores reset commands until the operation is complete.

================================================== ================================================== ===========================

When is “between the sequence cycles in a program command sequence”?

The following is the program command sequence.

1, Write command AA to address AAA (* 1)

2, Write command 55 to address 555 (* 1)

3, Write command A0 to address AAA (* 1)

4, Write data to any address

(* 1) with byte mode.

If a reset command (F0 write) is executed after 3, it is mistaken for a write of 4  , and Is there concern that it may operate as 4

Bestregards,

Junya

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Junya san,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

I would like to inform you that in this specific case, 0xF0 will be mistakenly treated as data and will be programmed to a memory location. For resetting the device during program operation, reset command can be sent only till before sending the Program (0xA0) command. After the Program command has been sent, Reset command (0xF0) will be treated as data.

Best Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Junya san,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

I would like to inform you that in this specific case, 0xF0 will be mistakenly treated as data and will be programmed to a memory location. For resetting the device during program operation, reset command can be sent only till before sending the Program (0xA0) command. After the Program command has been sent, Reset command (0xF0) will be treated as data.

Best Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes