Sensor Motion application: connection with MeshClient suddenly interrupts. Why?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaYe_4603801
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given Welcome! 25 replies posted

Hello,

I've observed that after about 3 min. the connection with Sensor Motion node breaks and Link Staus:0 appears in Log window.

Any comments ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

I have gone through the logs and I could see too many devices and operations in one single network. To cut short the possibilities of occurrence of this particular bug ("after about 3 min the connection with Sensor Motion breaks") i would suggest you to do below try below steps and try to reproduce the issue. 

Please collect the device trace (teraterm) with timestamp for the below experiment.

Please clean and reprogram the device with the correct mesh Sensor motion application.

Steps:

1. Goto ".\Windows\MeshClient\Release\x86" and delete all files except MeshClient.exe.

2. Open MeshClient.exe and create a newnetwork- "network_1".

3. "Scan for unprovisioned" and do "provision and configure" once you get proper UUID in the meshclient.

4. After provisioning you should get below prints in MeshClient log.

Motion Sensor (0002)

database changed

done

5. Select the MotionSensor node in the "Control Field" and configure the sensor. (publish period, cadence, etc.)

6. Wait for 3 min and check whether the connection breaks or not.

If you can reproduce the issue please share the MeshClient and teraterm logs (timestamp enabled log) with me.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Which SDK are you using? I have tested it in MTB2.0 with latest BTSDK. But I couldn't reproduce this issue.

Please help us by providing the logs of your experiment (Device puart trace and meshclient logs).

Did you change anything in the code?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hi,

I use WICED BT SDK v2.1.

Actually I've met another issue: can't connect network, so can't reproduce the issue.

Here is what I get while clicking on Connect:

MeshClient_connecting_issue.JPG

Yesterday I had no such problems

0 Likes

Hi,

Could you please program the board again and create a new network on meshclient.

If you accidentally factory reset the board then the meshclient will not be able to connect it back.

NOTE: please try to provide us full logs trace.txt of meshclient that you can get from "wiced_btsdk\tools\btsdk-peer-apps-mesh\Windows\MeshClient\Release\x86" if you have opened the meshclient from this directory.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Here it is.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have gone through the logs and I could see too many devices and operations in one single network. To cut short the possibilities of occurrence of this particular bug ("after about 3 min the connection with Sensor Motion breaks") i would suggest you to do below try below steps and try to reproduce the issue. 

Please collect the device trace (teraterm) with timestamp for the below experiment.

Please clean and reprogram the device with the correct mesh Sensor motion application.

Steps:

1. Goto ".\Windows\MeshClient\Release\x86" and delete all files except MeshClient.exe.

2. Open MeshClient.exe and create a newnetwork- "network_1".

3. "Scan for unprovisioned" and do "provision and configure" once you get proper UUID in the meshclient.

4. After provisioning you should get below prints in MeshClient log.

Motion Sensor (0002)

database changed

done

5. Select the MotionSensor node in the "Control Field" and configure the sensor. (publish period, cadence, etc.)

6. Wait for 3 min and check whether the connection breaks or not.

If you can reproduce the issue please share the MeshClient and teraterm logs (timestamp enabled log) with me.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

After your steps it worked fine, i.e. without interruptions

But once I clicked on Disconnect and then on Connect, the connection problem reappeared.

So, after each disconnection one have to create new network ?

0 Likes

Hi,

No need to create new network after disconnect.

Could you please share the logs for the above steps which I have suggested. Please do all those 6 steps and share the MeshClient and teraterm logs (timestamp enabled log).

Make sure you have taken sensor motion app and meshclient app from the same version of BTSDK.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj