CYW920706 How to modify code to run demo snip.bt.hci_handsfree without relying on Client Control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SoWa_4565226
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the CYW920706 eval board. I want to run the hci_handsfree demo code without having to go through Client Control first. My understanding is that the hci_handsfree code is just the bluetooth protocols and such, but it is the handsfree.cpp in Client Control that actually calls the functions within handsfree_main.c? How can I modify the handsfree.cpp code to start pairing at the push of button interrupt instead of using the Client Control UI?

I started by trying to comment out the things related to the UI...but I am not sure if that is going in the right direction.

I am new to this stuff, thanks for your patience!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

I think you need to change the application code in handsfree_main.c. You need to add a button interrupt in the application. You may refer to the hello_sensor demo for the button interrupt usage.

In the button interrupt callback, you can call the wiced_bt_hfp_hf_connect(bd_addr) to initiate the HF connection.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

I think you need to change the application code in handsfree_main.c. You need to add a button interrupt in the application. You may refer to the hello_sensor demo for the button interrupt usage.

In the button interrupt callback, you can call the wiced_bt_hfp_hf_connect(bd_addr) to initiate the HF connection.

0 Likes

Ok, I will try that! Thank you for your response. If I have any questions I will come back and ask!

0 Likes