Regarding CY8C4146AXI-S433 Programming issues ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkshaySatpute
Level 2
Level 2
First like given First solution authored 10 sign-ins

Hello Sir/Ma'am

I am designing product with CY8C4146AXI-S433 IC for our application.

This IC works fine for some time but after some time IC is not getting Programmed either through PSOC creator or PSOC Programmer.

Programming Protocol,IC voltages,Programming Pins connection are correct.

Still IC is not getting programmed after some time. Is there any limit to how many time IC should get programmed ?

Because we are in development stage so we are programming it as modify the code.

If IC is replaced with new One on same board, programming starts again but after certain attempt., Programming doesn,t happening.

At least by now I have changed 5 Nos IC .

Although IC is not getting Program yet existing code in IC works properly including changes in parameter and EEPROM saving.

Application :

1)Digital Input,Digital Output,7 segment display.

Psoc Creator Error shows

Error : Warning: dbg.M0039: There was an error running port acquire: Can not acquire SWD device!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Please remove 10uF decoupling capacitor on the VCCD pin. There should be a single 0.1uF capacitor on the VCCD pin. Please refer datasheet for this information. Apart from this the schematic looks fine.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

>>"Is there any limit to how many time IC should get programmed ?"

Cypress--> For PSOC, the Flash endurance is 100K cycles and the Flash retention is for 20 years. So this is not a problem.

Could you please attach your schematic? We would like to check if there is any issue with schematic.  For the faulty devices please check the voltage on the VCCD pin. This should be 1.8 volts. If not, we can assume that the chip is faulty/damaged.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hello Ganesh Sir

Here I attached schematic for above design. Voltage across VCCD Pin is 1.8 Volt yet IC is not getting programmed. But the previuos loaded program is working fine..

And even parameters changed and saved in eeprom checked after power on. But IC is not detecting for re-program.

schematic.PNG

0 Likes

Hi,

Sorry if I am not clear. Can you please attach the pdf of the schematic showing all the connections to power supply as well as programmer?

We are expecting something wrong with the connections and that is causing the error.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Microcontroller schematic for cypress.PNG

Hello Sir

Here I attached the images as required.

0 Likes

Hi,

Please remove 10uF decoupling capacitor on the VCCD pin. There should be a single 0.1uF capacitor on the VCCD pin. Please refer datasheet for this information. Apart from this the schematic looks fine.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes