FX3 doesn't work when Win10 reboot

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuPe_1152736
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted
My device uses the FX3 and powered by USB. When I plug in the device into NB, it works normally.

But When I didn't unplug this device and reboot Win10. The windows device manager tells me the device is unknown. 

When I do this in win7(x64) it works fine.

FX3 Driver version: 1.3.4 or 1.2.3.20

Can anyone help me?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

This is a known issue with the Bootloader. Please refer to question 2 in this KBA Trouble Shooting Guide for the FX3/FX3S/CX3 Enumeration - KBA222372

You can try cycling the VBUS or use second stage Bootloader as mentioned in the KBA.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please manually bind the device to the latest driver in windows 10 from the windows device manager and try rebooting the PC.

Also, let me know what message is reported by the device manager for the device? It is device descriptors failed?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Thank you.

The latest driver which I used is. FX3 driver for windows10

When I reboot 1st time, it works fine. Then 2nd time is failed. Of course, the 3rd time is failed too.

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed)

pastedImage_6.png

I didn't run any software to use this device.

Just reboot the win10 only.

I did another test with  "FX3 DVK Device board REV3" the result is the same.

BR,

Peinan

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please share a picture of the DVK board which you are using.

Also, please let me know which windows 10 version and host controller you are testing with so that i can try reproducing the same on my side.

Have you tried with a different windows 10 PC? Is it the same case with all windows 10 PC?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

DVK board

pastedImage_1.png

Win10 Home x64 (Notebook)

pastedImage_3.png

And I try the other Win10 Enterprise x64 2019(Intel i9-9999K, 32G RAM) Desktop is the same problem.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hello Yatheesh,

Did you finish the test?

BR,

Peinan

0 Likes

Hello,

This is a known issue with the Bootloader. Please refer to question 2 in this KBA Trouble Shooting Guide for the FX3/FX3S/CX3 Enumeration - KBA222372

You can try cycling the VBUS or use second stage Bootloader as mentioned in the KBA.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes