FX2 using in Linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ling_4637216
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using the FX2LP board to capture the image by using the Linux. And after capturing the image, we want to store that image in some other file(don't know how to store that image). FX2LP board is connected Linux PC, i am getting the error like 'dev/video0 no such file '. Help me to solve this problem.

For detecting this error "dev/video0 no such file", if we want to change anything in firmware side.

If you any example code, please share me that.

We refer this link

Linux Support for FX2LP™ and other USB Peripherals, such as AN2131/FX/FX1/FX2 - KBA85499

Find the below attachment, at present we using this HEX file.

Regards,

Likhith

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

You can use Linux SDK for FX2LP which uses libsub  in vendor class. A custom host application should be developed for receiving data from FX2LP and convert the same to an image.

Please refer to this KBA: Linux Support for FX2LP™ and other USB Peripherals, such as AN2131/FX/FX1/FX2 - KBA85499

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The device is enumerating as a vendor class device. Please change the descriptors such that the FX2LP will enumerate as a UVC class device so that the linux kernel will identify it as a video device.

You can use the "dmesg" command to get the details of FX2LP.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

We are not using the UVC classes in FX2LP board. So any other method to detect the video device in linux kernel.

Regards,

Likhith

0 Likes

Hello,

You can use Linux SDK for FX2LP which uses libsub  in vendor class. A custom host application should be developed for receiving data from FX2LP and convert the same to an image.

Please refer to this KBA: Linux Support for FX2LP™ and other USB Peripherals, such as AN2131/FX/FX1/FX2 - KBA85499

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes