adc> filter > ram > uart

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiTh_4546911
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to using psoc 5. I used a sample code to transfer data from 16 bit adc to transfer to filter to vdac using dma. Is there any sample code for me to learn to transfer from filter to ram to uart, it would help greatly?

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

rith,

Updated example of DelSig-ADC->Filter->VDAC can be found here

DelSig_ADC - Filter - VDAC8 streaming demo using DMA

Streaming data to the UART is not that straightforward. First, UART won't handle full-speed ADC sampling speed. At 115k it can transfer approx. 10k bytes/sec. For 2-bytes per 16-bit sample, that is 5k samples/sec, which is much slower than DAC.

Can you describe the goal of the project? What are you planning to do with UART stream? What software you going to use to consume UART data?

/odissey1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

rith,

Updated example of DelSig-ADC->Filter->VDAC can be found here

DelSig_ADC - Filter - VDAC8 streaming demo using DMA

Streaming data to the UART is not that straightforward. First, UART won't handle full-speed ADC sampling speed. At 115k it can transfer approx. 10k bytes/sec. For 2-bytes per 16-bit sample, that is 5k samples/sec, which is much slower than DAC.

Can you describe the goal of the project? What are you planning to do with UART stream? What software you going to use to consume UART data?

/odissey1

0 Likes