Qorvo, ACT4751 buck/boost + CCG5

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi,

There is an "old" reference design with CCG3PA + ACT475x.

Question:

- Is there source-code available for the Qorvo buck/boost available?

- If yes, does the CCG3 implementation work on the CCG5 series!?

Thx David

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi David,

Yes, CCG5 project could also use the same I2C code since ACT475x is controlled by I2C here. But I'm sorry the source code of our reference design could not be released. You can talk to our local sales to see if we can help you in other ways.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi David,

Do you mean this reference design?

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/reference-designs/ez-pd-ccg3pa-usb-cpps-power-bank-solution-us...

I'm sorry we cannot release the source code here according to our policy.

And the CCG3PA implementation could be different with CCG5. CCG3PA supports one Type-A and one Type-C port while CCG5 supports two Type-C ports. CCG3 only supports one Type-C port.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

Hi Eddie,

Correct, that one. Since both CCG3 and CCG5 is based on the psoc 4 series, we could make good re-use of the driver for the ACT475x itself.

Can you please share that part only.

Thanks David

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi David,

Yes, CCG5 project could also use the same I2C code since ACT475x is controlled by I2C here. But I'm sorry the source code of our reference design could not be released. You can talk to our local sales to see if we can help you in other ways.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes