possible reasons for a PWM that stops sporadically for different lengths of time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiRo_4612081
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Thanks for your help and time!

My error pattern, in my full-bridge sets sporadically and for a different duration. see images

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

The following steps were taken to minimize variable errors:

-new project: with only one PWM for which two pins are connected. All other pins connected to the chip on the PCB are digitally zeroed.

- I modified the PCB so that PWM pins see an open trace.

- all VCC voltages were measured and remained stable at 4.7V even during the PWM failure.

All simplification didn't change the behaviour.

Is it there something else what I could try?

0 Likes
1 Solution

It was at the pins G_HS2(P2_[5]) and G_LS2(P2[6]).

I solder all the pins again and cleaned my PCB with a toothbrush and Flux cleaner. Now the error is gone =).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Can you please provide us the demo version of the project and the steps to reprodude this issue at our side?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Thanks for the fast response!

I think this is not a problem to reproduce. The attached file is the completed project(Uni_charger_SynRec...), and the smaller one is the test setup.

I asked more for a hint about what I could do in general or maybe a setting I overlooked.

It is also possible that I may damage the chip during soldering if you look at the attached picture you can see I  got some chemical reaction on some pins they turn blue.

0 Likes

Hi RiRo_4612081

Thank you for sharing your project. We tried to run the test setup project but we were unable to reproduce the error on our end. Also, we examined the actual project(Uni_Charger_SyncRec-001).

Can you please let us know which pin is to be monitored for the signal that makes PWM suddenly stop and what is the expected output?

Thanks and Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes

It was at the pins G_HS2(P2_[5]) and G_LS2(P2[6]).

I solder all the pins again and cleaned my PCB with a toothbrush and Flux cleaner. Now the error is gone =).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Likes