By using PSoC62 and 4343W, does Mbed SDK support for WPA3 security?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LiLe_3234306
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted First comment on KBA 50 sign-ins

Hi,

Sorry but I am not familar to Mbed OS. I just want to know if Mbed SDK using PSoC62/4343W supports for WPA3 personal security.

Could you let me know?

Thanks,

Liam

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Dear Liam,

As of now, Mbed OS does not have support for WPA3 personal security. There is an ongoing effort to add support in the mbed-os\features\netsocket\emac-drivers\TARGET_Cypress\COMPONENT_WHD\interface\WhdSTAInterface.cpp. But I can't provide you with an exact timeline of this feature, to be merged with mainline mbed-os release.

As of now, you can use WICED Studio to test out this feature which has WPA3 support integrated in the 6.4 release. But as feature wise, WPA3 personal security is supported in WHD and the WLAN firmware for CYW4343W also has support for WPA3 but the mbed os SDK does not have provision for WPA3 yet.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Dear Liam,

As of now, Mbed OS does not have support for WPA3 personal security. There is an ongoing effort to add support in the mbed-os\features\netsocket\emac-drivers\TARGET_Cypress\COMPONENT_WHD\interface\WhdSTAInterface.cpp. But I can't provide you with an exact timeline of this feature, to be merged with mainline mbed-os release.

As of now, you can use WICED Studio to test out this feature which has WPA3 support integrated in the 6.4 release. But as feature wise, WPA3 personal security is supported in WHD and the WLAN firmware for CYW4343W also has support for WPA3 but the mbed os SDK does not have provision for WPA3 yet.