I connected LCD to PSOC Chip to display thermistor temperature. But after powering the LCD, it didn't showed anything except blank boxes, can someone please explain why it occurs and how to solve this problem?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
10 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Would be easierfor us to help you when you

Providel ink to datasheet of LCD

Attach your project using Creator-> File -> Create workspace bundle

Bob

0 Likes

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the response. Please see the attached files

0 Likes

The Character LCD component is made fr a Hitachi 44780 LCD driver and uses only 4 data lines. I would suggest you to use a I2C driven LCD module or a 44780 compatible one.

Bob

Your project works for me.

I did not install resistors.    LCD  PMC16023CP1(5v)  Vcc=5V

board: CY8CKIT-059: 

capacitors removed:  P0.2(C12)   P0.3(C13)  P0.4 (C9)   P3.2(C7)   P5.4(C4)temp.jpg

Please see the attached image, how it is showing blank boxes. I am not sure where is the issue?

0 Likes

Actually I used two LCD's. It is not working with either of them, I saw an online vide, where the lecturer used this LCD and it worked for him. Please see the attached picture on how it showing blank boxes, not sure where the issue is?

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Those two picture seem to be identical, may be I need to see it more carefully..

Anyway in the Kit Guide of CY8CKIT-059

000-CY8CKIT-059-pin-guide.JPG

So I  think that using following pins for fast signals is not a good idea

P0_2

P0_3

P0_4

P3_2

So how about changing following signals?

LCDPort[6:0]

P2[6:0] -> P1[6:0]

P3_2 -> P3_5 (P3[5])

moto

I even checked the continuity of the pins from PSOC chip to LCD board. Connections are good, also I downloaded custom character LCD example and tried that one, it is not working. Do I need to install 10K resistors? I think it should work even without resistors, is there a problem with the hardware on the psoc board?

0 Likes