PSoC4 normal operating conditions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
taas_3144281
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
25 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi.

My customer use PSoC 4100S Plus (CY8C4147AZI-S455 or CY8C4127AZI-S455).

My customer use GPIO.

What does "When used below Absolute Maximum conditions but above normal operating conditions, the device may not operate to specification." in "normal operating conditions" mean in the PSoC 4100S Plus datasheet ?

PSoC 4100S Plus Datasheet (P15 Note 1) : https://www.cypress.com/file/396611/download

GPIO has a maximum current of 25mA per port and a total of 200mA for multiple ports.

What is the recommended current value per port?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Yes. The normal conditions include the operational temperature of the chip which should be -40 to +85 degrees centigrade for non automotive standard.

Also, the voltage on the VDDD and VDDA pins of the IC should be in operational limits (1.8 -5.5 volts) in case of PSoC 4.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For example, the absolute maximum value of source/sink current per GPIO pin is 25 mA. When operated above this range the device might damage.

The normal operating range of GPIO is 4mA source max and 8 mA sink max. Please refer the pin component datasheet for these values (page 15 from the following document).

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
taas_3144281
Level 5
Level 5

Dear Ganesh-san

Thank you for your answer.

Do "normal operating conditions" include temperature ranges and voltage ranges?

If so, what are the other conditions?

Can GPIO use more than 4mA source and 8mA sink?

Best Regards,

asanuma

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes. The normal conditions include the operational temperature of the chip which should be -40 to +85 degrees centigrade for non automotive standard.

Also, the voltage on the VDDD and VDDA pins of the IC should be in operational limits (1.8 -5.5 volts) in case of PSoC 4.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
taas_3144281
Level 5
Level 5

Dear Ganesh-san

Are there any other "normal operating conditions" ?

Best Regards,

asanuma

0 Likes

Dear Anasuma san,

The strict operating conditions will be power supply and temperature. The device will work fine if you met those conditions. However there are so many other operating conditions.

Please refer to corresponding device's datasheet Electrical specifications section for more operating conditions.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
taas_3144281
Level 5
Level 5

Dear Ganesh-san

I check the electrical specifications in the data sheet.

I am glad that I do not have to worry about those for normal operating conditions.

Best Regards,

Asanuma

0 Likes