Does V4L2 is supported to FX2LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DhN_4227681
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hi,

We are using the FX2LP to capture the image in linux, but its showing the V4L2 interface to capturing of image.

we installed that interface i.e, V2L4, but its showing the "no device found" error.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

If you are using vendor class and not standard classes, you will have to develop your own host application for interacting with the USB (FX2LP) device just like in windows. Please refer to this KBA Linux Support for FX2LP™ and other USB Peripherals, such as AN2131/FX/FX1/FX2 - KBA85499 

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please let me know if the FX2LP is configured to enumerate as a UVC device in the device descriptors.

Also, Check if the FX2LP device is listed under "lsusb".

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

No, we are not using the UVC device.

FX2LP is listed under this condition.

mangoh@mangoh-vm:~$ lsusb

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 04b4:8613 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C68013 EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 80ee:0021 VirtualBox USB Tablet

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

0 Likes

Hello,

If you are using vendor class and not standard classes, you will have to develop your own host application for interacting with the USB (FX2LP) device just like in windows. Please refer to this KBA Linux Support for FX2LP™ and other USB Peripherals, such as AN2131/FX/FX1/FX2 - KBA85499 

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

In windows we are using the host application(GUI) that application having the .EXE file and  now can we use thi for linux?

Or We have to create own host application for linux.

0 Likes

Hello,

Which application are you referring to in windows?

Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

We are using the GUI application in windows(Microsoft visual studio).

And, i have another doubt i.e, are u using any other tool for firmware side, because we are using only ".hex" file to programming.

0 Likes

Hello Dhanuja,

Can you please let me know which firmware you are using. If the firmware is such that the device will enumerate as a USB device, then you will not be able to use the video application GUIs in linux as it will need the device to bind to a specific driver.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

Which driver, we have to specify for the device?

we program the bulkloop and blksrc for checking the data sending  and receiving, for image which firmware we have to use.

And how to open that firmware and how to build the firmware, is their any tool to open the firmware like keil uvision and ez-usb-suite?

0 Likes

Hello,

The device descriptors should be set to enumerate as UVC device on the host. Then you will be able to access the device.

Once the FX2LP enumerates as a video class device, you can refer to this blog post for communicating with it: https://jayrambhia.com/blog/capture-v4l2

https://jayrambhia.com/blog/capture-v4l2

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

In FX2LP we are not using the UVC.

0 Likes

Hello,

In that case you will have to develop your own GUI in linux to display the image.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

Without GUI, can we capture the image in fx2lp using the linux commands?

0 Likes

Hello,

You will have to write an host application on linux using the linux SDK to capture the data and convert it into an image of the required format.

Since you are not using UVC, capturing the image directly through linux commands is doubtful.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes