Where is the Code that Accompanies Application Notes?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiGr_4634796
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry to have to ask such a stupid and basic question, but here goes:

Having only previously worked with PICs and Pis, I have bought a PSoC 5 LP Development Kit.

I have found an excellent Cypress application note that describes a building block that will contribute a significant part of the solution to building a Flux Gate Magnetometer.

The Application Note is titled: "Frequency Measurement With Counter in PSoC®3/PSoC5" and appears to have the reference 001-56063 and can be found here: www.cypress.com/file/144696/download

Having gone through all the steps and 'built' the high level design, at the end of the note it usefully mentions "Refer to the code in main.c for the frequency calculation".

Unfortunately, despite repeated searching both on the Cypress site and the wider web, I have been unable to find any code relating to this note.

Have I made a very basic mistake? Or is the code not published?

Many thanks in advance for any pointers that you can provide.

(I have posted this question to the PSoC 5LP MCU Community, but it's probably applicable to other products, so I shan't be oiffended if it is subsequently moved)

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

I think this is the project (contains main.c) you're looking for.

Frequency Measurement

It has the same pdf file as the one you pointed to.

Good luck with your project.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

I think this is the project (contains main.c) you're looking for.

Frequency Measurement

It has the same pdf file as the one you pointed to.

Good luck with your project.

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

rigr,

It's regrettable that you couldn't find all the project code very easily.  It is usual that the archived project is included in the discussion post.

When you create a new project with the PSoC Creator, you can select the "example code" setting.  Then you can search/filter through examples for the specific types available.  Additionally there are many discussions in related topics that contain archived projects.  You do have to be careful, some of the projects are uploaded because the user may have an issue that others most likely have solved.

Here's a link to a forum devoted to user-contributed PSoC code: Community Code Examples

There are other forums outside of this Cypress community that all help and have example code available.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

rigr,

You can try this frequency meter demo project.

Re: HELP, with example of frequency measurement Error

/odissey1

0 Likes
RiGr_4634796
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks to all of you that took the trouble to reply, especially BiBi who has correctly identified the original project. Well done.

0 Likes