Demos missing from SDK - Need stb demo

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ToMc_537676
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

I am getting started with CYW20719 and the "stb" set-top-box demo appears perfect for my application.

The demo readme file says to see demo\stb\hci_control.c for the reference application, but I can't find it anywhere (along with some other demos mentioned)

I am working on OS X but have installed all available versions on both Mac and Windows and the stb directory does not exist in any of them.

Where can I access these missing reference demos?  I have spent hours searching with no luck.

Thanks In Advance

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi ToMc_537676,

I believe the ReadMe.txt is not an updated one. I will try to check it internally and let you know if STB app is still available.

But for your requirement, I would prefer you to check out the below application of 20706 in "WCED-Studio-6.4\20706-A2_Bluetooth\apps\demo\audio\"

1. hci_audio_remote_control
  2. headset

These applications demonstrate the below features.

• headset

- WICED BT AV (A2DP/AVRCP) APIs

- WICED BT GATT APIs

- Handling of the UART WICED protocol

- SDP and GATT descriptor/attribute configuration

• hci_audio_remote_control

- WICED BT AVRC APIs

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi ToMc_537676

STB demo application is not included in the latest public SDKs release.

May I know what is your application requirement?

Also please let me know which "demo readme" you are referring here?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello,

This is for a BT audio gaming headset product that also uses BLE to edit audio setup features through a mobile app.

We are in pre-production and are trying to move away from an existing solution for more flexibility.

The STB Reference Application is described in the README.txt file in directory 20719-B1_Bluetooth/apps/demo included with the WICED Studio 6.4 download.

Thanks,

-Tom

0 Likes

Hi ToMc_537676,

I believe the ReadMe.txt is not an updated one. I will try to check it internally and let you know if STB app is still available.

But for your requirement, I would prefer you to check out the below application of 20706 in "WCED-Studio-6.4\20706-A2_Bluetooth\apps\demo\audio\"

1. hci_audio_remote_control
  2. headset

These applications demonstrate the below features.

• headset

- WICED BT AV (A2DP/AVRCP) APIs

- WICED BT GATT APIs

- Handling of the UART WICED protocol

- SDP and GATT descriptor/attribute configuration

• hci_audio_remote_control

- WICED BT AVRC APIs

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes