Difference between CyAPI and CyUSB for .Net

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaCh_4609141
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have faced a strange issue where I am able to connect to the HID device on my system using the C# application created using CyUSB.dll but when I created a C++ application using CyAPI the device count is 0.

Can anyone tell me what is the reason for this behavior ? How is these two different ?

Note: I also noticed that CyUSB.dll has extra class related to HID which is not present in CyAPI

Thansk,

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The CyAPI library is specific to Cypress Driver, and will retrieve information about the devices bound to cypress driver.

Also, in this case the driver GUID and the applications GUID used also matters. If the device is bound to a driver other than cypress driver, the the application should pass the GUID corresponding to that driver (GUID present in the driver inf file).

You can download the CyUSB3 Suite Source from this link https://www.cypress.com/file/289981/download  and refer to the CyAPI.lib source for implementation details.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The CyAPI library is specific to Cypress Driver, and will retrieve information about the devices bound to cypress driver.

Also, in this case the driver GUID and the applications GUID used also matters. If the device is bound to a driver other than cypress driver, the the application should pass the GUID corresponding to that driver (GUID present in the driver inf file).

You can download the CyUSB3 Suite Source from this link https://www.cypress.com/file/289981/download  and refer to the CyAPI.lib source for implementation details.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes