Recommended firmware template for CCG3

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_3713826
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

Hi,

Would you please recommend me an initial firmware "template" (from the SDK) and the required steps, how to change the firmware to achieve the following features?

- CCG3 shall perform PD management for UFP port (Power Source, our box acts as a "docking station", that charges laptops)

- CCG3 shall control the PS8742 MUX (FLIP, CE_USB, CE_DP) depending on Alt Mode, Pin Assignment C,D shall be supported. Our box acts as a video receiver device (from a laptop)

- CCG3 shall control the DC-DC converter via GPIOs (1 out of 4 possible power contracts) according to the agreed "power profile" for charging the laptop.

Thank you!

Andras

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Andras,

Please refer to the Charge-Through-Dongle project in the EZ-PD SDK. You can also refer to the CCG4 project in the Dock SDK which can be modified for CCG3 and used.

Please let me know if these meet your requirements?

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Andras,

Please refer to the Charge-Through-Dongle project in the EZ-PD SDK. You can also refer to the CCG4 project in the Dock SDK which can be modified for CCG3 and used.

Please let me know if these meet your requirements?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Thank you. Just downloaded the Docking station CCG4 firmware, I will come back to you with the results soon ...

thanks

0 Likes