PSoC 6 (63) FSUSB with PDL 3.10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeEd_1216226
Level 4
Level 4
5 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I am migrating from the CY8KIT-062-BLE system that I used for prototyping, to making my own PCB with a PSoC6 6347BZI.  I am wanting to utilize the FSUSB component, and despite following some of the available documentation, when I check for new components I cannot see the FSUSB.  It appears in the PDL reference document (file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Cypress/PDL/3.1.0/doc/pdl_api_reference_manual/html/group__group__u...  ) but does not show up when I search for new components.  Is there something I am not doing?  I restarted the system after doing all the updates and configures.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The CY8CKIT-062-BLE comes with the CY8C6347BZI-BLD43, which does not have FSUSB support. You need to pick another device from the 63 family.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

PSoC63 doesn't have USB even though the documentation and PSoC Creator device selector says it does.

Re: USB not appearing in Device Configurator

0 Likes

That's not true. Some PSoC 63 devices support FSUSB, as you can see in the Device Selector. Just pick one of those parts, like CY8C6347BZI_BLD54, and the USB Component will show up in the Catalog.

0 Likes

I figured out where my issue was in terms of the USB component not showing up on the component selector.  I had to tick the box saying "show hidden items". 

The FSUSB is a PDL item, and there is an example project CE 223368 that uses a PSoC62 CY8C6247BZI whereas I am looking at using the PSoC 63 CY8C6347BZI that is actually used also on the BLE kit.  It appears that it will support FSUSB, but if there is someone who can definitively tell me it doesn't, I'll forge ahead.  Thanks RodolfoG for your input.

0 Likes

The CY8CKIT-062-BLE comes with the CY8C6347BZI-BLD43, which does not have FSUSB support. You need to pick another device from the 63 family.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

OK.  Thanks for that.  I was not aware that FSUSB required special devices.  Of course I have already laid out my 116 BGA part PCB and I am not going to do all that work again I don't think......I'll just dump it out via BLE and skip the middle man for phase #1.

0 Likes