Android NDK Help Getting Started

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to write some code at the Android NDK level to access some Bluetooth features that aren't exposed at the Java level. For example, I want to have a 2nd bluetooth adapter on my Android device and listen for other devices in range.  I know that the Bluedroid stack in the Android OS comes from Broadcom, so I hope I'm in the right place.  I've tried to follow some of the code that's in the AOSP distribution, but there's not much documentation, and I'm having trouble making much progress.  I think that I want to get to the point where I can call a userial_read() API, but it seems like there's a lot of bootstrapping that I need to do first in my code.  I was looking at the bte_main.c code, and trying to use that as a model.  But, I'm not sure if that's the right way to go.  What's the right place to look for documentation?  Is there any sample bluedroid C code that I should use as a model?  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Hi Bruce,

this community is for WICED SDK(Smart ), I know you are trying to check regarding bluetooth api's to be invoked in your android NDK. Sorry this community does not support this.

You can refer here

Bluetooth Software Updates & Support | Broadcom

victorz

HTH

Vik86

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Hi Bruce,

this community is for WICED SDK(Smart ), I know you are trying to check regarding bluetooth api's to be invoked in your android NDK. Sorry this community does not support this.

You can refer here

Bluetooth Software Updates & Support | Broadcom

victorz

HTH

Vik86

0 Likes