capsense tuner through bluetooth with psoc 4 vb

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dabo_4430311
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Is it possible to run the capsense tuner on psoc 4 ble module: cyble  214015-01, by using bluetooth connection instead of establishing an i2c or a uart connection?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi dabo_4430311​,

The Tuner can connect to the PSoC only using I2C / UART interface. In case you want to connect to the Tuner using BLE then you need to implement the following.

PSoC BLE Server -. Has CapSense. This will send the CapSense DS to the Client device

PSoC Client -  That has i2c/ uart interface to Tuner. This will receive the capsense data from server and sends it to the tuner.

You can refer to the attached reference project where we can implemented the same. This project has not been completely tested yet. Please use this as reference. We will release a code example for the same by mid of this year.

Please remember to enable debug in both the projects.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi dabo_4430311​,

The Tuner can connect to the PSoC only using I2C / UART interface. In case you want to connect to the Tuner using BLE then you need to implement the following.

PSoC BLE Server -. Has CapSense. This will send the CapSense DS to the Client device

PSoC Client -  That has i2c/ uart interface to Tuner. This will receive the capsense data from server and sends it to the tuner.

You can refer to the attached reference project where we can implemented the same. This project has not been completely tested yet. Please use this as reference. We will release a code example for the same by mid of this year.

Please remember to enable debug in both the projects.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

Hi,

Thank you for the quick and really useful reply.

Sorry but I'm new to cypress devices and BLE, I'm a little confused by how I should manage the 2 projects: I get that I have to upload the server project on my capsense device psoc 4 ble to collect data and send to the client, however I don't get where I should upload the BLE client with EZi2c project code? to a kit microcontroller, or run it directly on the computer where I run the tuner?

Thank you

0 Likes
dabo_4430311
Level 2
Level 2

Should I upload the slave client code on a dongle?

0 Likes

Yes, you need to upload the client project to the Cypress Dongle/ or another PSoC 4 BLE / PROC device.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
dabo_4430311
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you again, I'm uploading the slave file to the CY8C4247LQI-BL483 of the CY8CKIT042-BLEKIT, however I get the following errors:

ERROR: C:\Users\Davide\Documents\PSoC Creator\PSoC 4 CapSense Tuning Over BLE.cywrk.Archive01\PSoC 4 BLE server CapSense\P4 BLE client with EzI2C slave.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\P4 BLE client with EzI2C slave.elf section `.heap' will not fit in region `ram'

ERROR: region RAM overflowed with stack

ERROR: region `ram' overflowed by 0 bytes

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.

I read that I should modify the stack and heap size, and I'm trying to do that from the System panel into the .cydwr view, it's currently set:

heap: 0x2000

stack: 0x0800

Any suggestions about what values to use? Is this the way to correct the problem?

Thank you again

0 Likes
dabo_4430311
Level 2
Level 2

EVERYTHING IS WORKING, THANK YOU BragadeeshV_41

0 Likes