"Level" property in Mesh Client application: what it is ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaYe_4603801
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given Welcome! 25 replies posted

Hello,

What is "Level" property in Mesh Client application (running on Windows) ?

With specified parameters for Lightness, Hue, Saturation I got a certain color on the CYBT-213043-02 module, running Color Light application.

With Lightness=48000, Hue=40000, Saturation=60000, the color on the board is rather turquoise.

But when I introduce these parameters in HSL-to-RGB convertor, found on Internet, the color is yellow.

So, the parameter Level has some influence on the color ?

Thanks.

P.S. The design of interface in Mesh Client is quite strange: Lightness property appears two times: single and together with Hue and Saturation.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi Pavel Yermolenko,

Please refer mesh model spec https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/mesh-specifications/

So, the parameter Level has some influence on the color ? :-

"6.1.4.1.1 Binding with the Generic Level state

The Light HSL Hue state is bound to an instance of the Generic Level state (see Section 3.1.2), meaning that whenever the Generic Level state of an element changes, the following calculation shall be performed: Light HSL Hue = Generic Level + 32768

A reverse binding is also defined, meaning that whenever the Light HSL Hue state of an element changes, the following calculation shall be performed:  Generic Level = Light HSL Hue – 32768

The Light HSL Hue state shall wrap around when reaching the maximum or minimum values."

Also please let me know which HSL-to-RGB convertor did you use?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi Pavel Yermolenko,

Please refer mesh model spec https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/mesh-specifications/

So, the parameter Level has some influence on the color ? :-

"6.1.4.1.1 Binding with the Generic Level state

The Light HSL Hue state is bound to an instance of the Generic Level state (see Section 3.1.2), meaning that whenever the Generic Level state of an element changes, the following calculation shall be performed: Light HSL Hue = Generic Level + 32768

A reverse binding is also defined, meaning that whenever the Light HSL Hue state of an element changes, the following calculation shall be performed:  Generic Level = Light HSL Hue – 32768

The Light HSL Hue state shall wrap around when reaching the maximum or minimum values."

Also please let me know which HSL-to-RGB convertor did you use?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj