PSoC4-BLE CYBLE-224110 is not programming (flashing). The error is always "EraseAll" fail.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
emen_2218296
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

CYBLE-224110 module fails while programming with "Erase All" failing.

- We have 22 boards. In that 6 of these boards having this issue. Remaining 6 boards work fine.

- SWD connection is fine and also chip is acquired fine. 

- See the log messages of ppcli. You can see chip is acquired fine and we can read chip id as well and flash rows as well. Only "EraseAll" is failing.

What is the issue with these ICs ? Is there a known bug ? what is the solution that is recommended to this issue ?

-Pavan

0 Likes
7 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Can you try EraseAll using PSoC Programmer on these defective boards? Please share the console log.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

I first tried PSoC Programmer before trying using ppcli. Below is PSoC Programmer screenshot and log.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Did you try reducing clock speed to 1.6MHz to check if that helps in PSoC Programmer setting? Also, from the screenshot it says that you are using the 5pin connector and the Miniprog3 is supplying power, please ensure these settings are in accordance with your setup.

Please have a look at the Troubleshooting Guide for more information: Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

- Yes, I tried all clock speeds.

- 5-pin it is. Note that chip is already acquired and I can read the flash rows too. But EraseAll fails.

- I tried both external power and MiniProg3 supplying power. Same result. EraseAll always fails.

If you see on Cypress forum, there is this issue seen by others too. They also observed that chip is acquired and they can read flash rows over SWD but EraseAll always fails. Is there anything specific to EraseAll ? I forgot the details about how SPC works with respect to EraseAll command. Can you please check if there is known issue related to this ?

Thank you,

Pavan

0 Likes

Since it is working on most of the boards except a few, I would recommend having a look at the Power Pin connections in the Hardware Design Guide of the defective boards. Any difference between the boards that are failing vs the ones that are working? Please elaborate on your hardware setup.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

No difference at all. They are produced all together. Can you check in which conditions SWD communication is fine and read rows is all fine but only EraseAll fails ?

0 Likes

Can you please install the latest version of PSoC Programmer from this link​?

Once installed, connect your Miniprog3 and then click on Upgrade Firmware.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes