CX3 RDK schematics relayout function check

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HeCh_4601451
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi Sir

I re-layout the e-CON_DENEBOLA_CX3_RDK_Schematics, modify MIPI CAMERA BRD CONNECTOR to Meet customer needs.

and can load e-con_CX3RDK_OV5640_Firmware_Package SDK_1.3.3 version to CX3 board (can download .img file to I2C EEPROM or SPI Flash.

(We don't have sensor board and Denebola – USB 3.0 UVC Reference Design Kit (RDK))

1. How to measure (or judge) whether MIPI CSI-2 signal is normal?

(At present, both MIPI_CAM_PWDN and MIPI_CAM_RST are in the L state)

2. About MIPI_CAM_PWDN and MIPI_CAM_RST are H or L under normal work in the SDK F/W version? At present, the two signals measured are L, can I change it to H?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Herry,

You can't directly integrate the .ini file and program the image sensor.

You will have to define an array with the register values that need to be written to the sensor and send them over I2C to the HUB from CX3 using CyU3PI2cTransmitBytes() to transmit it to the slave and configure the image sensor.

You can go through a similar implementation to that of the UsbI2cRegMode example in the SDk found at the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbi2cregmode

Please go through the example and get back if you have any queries.

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

14 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

1.) Without the transmitter (Image Sensor), you can't really validate the timing parameters correctly as there is no source to drive the MIPI_CAM_PWDM and MIPI_CAM_RST lines.

Since there is no source, the lines will be in L state until they are driven by a source.

The following timing diagram is to be followed to comply with the MIPI spec:

pastedImage_0.png

2.) Also, you can't change the states from L to H as these will make the receiver to understand the line values in the opposite way.

It's not recommended to do such a thing and would be better if you could follow the timing diagram as shown above.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

Hi Sir

the MIPI_CAM_PWDM and MIPI_CAM_RST lines source not only from CX3 controller but also from the sensor?

Assuming I can get the customer sensor board, where do I mainly modify the F/W? Or just use tools to modify the parameters?.

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please elaborate as to what you exactly want to achieve?

I am still not able to get a clear view of the what you exactly want.

Please tell me your exact application so that i can assist you better.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

Hi Sir

Thanks

Originally we only needed to provide the main board to the customer.

Customer is responsible for F/W design

"main board is that re-layout the e-CON_DENEBOLA_CX3_RDK_Schematics, modify MIPI CAMERA BRD CONNECTOR to Meet customer needs."

But now customer required me to get image through sensor

I don't have an F/W engineer

I want to find out what can be verified.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA: Steps to Setup up MIPI CSI Camera Solution with CX3 – KBA225748

Please follow the steps given in KBA to generate the firmware using CX3 Configuration tool.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

Hi Sir

thanks

The REFCLK Value Need to be equal to the OSC on the schematic or can it be arbitrarily adjusted as long as it is in the 6 ~ 40 range?

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_0.png

Hello,

REFCLK should of the same value as the oscillator being used.

The min and max values are just to give an operating frequency range.

If you wish to change the REFCLK, you will use an OSC with the same frequency and every parameter dependent on REFCLK will also need to me updated accordingly.

You can check Section 1.7 of CX3_TRM for more info on the clocks from the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\CX3_TRM.pdf

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

Hi Yashwant

thanks

Is there a document introducing the setting of the following parameter values?

pastedImage_1.png

I can't get the program right,Keep getting error.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA:Steps to Setup up MIPI CSI Camera Solution with CX3 – KBA225748

The steps on how to create a CX3 solutions from scratch using CX3 Configuration Utility of the Cypress EZ USB Suite is documented in it.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

Hi Yashwant

The sensor model is OmniVision's OV10642, can suggest parameter values setting with CX3?

0 Likes

Hi Yashwant

Does the program exported by FX3SDK apply to the following architectures?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hello,

The parameter values that you asked for would be specified in the datasheet of the sensor

If not, you should contact OmniVision for the parameters related to the sensor configuration, resolution, blanking and active times, frame rate, etc.

If the data is coming over the MIPI CSI-2 data lanes between CX3 and the product architecture, then the example generated by the FX3 SDK's CX3 configuration utility can be used to get the data to the host.

The maximum data rate that can be achieved by CX3 is 2.4Gbps.

Can you give more insight as to what is the use of the serializer ( its inputs and output) and the use of HUB in the architecture?

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Yashwant

The customer provided a sensor ini file, saying that the content parameters can be sent from CX3 to HUB.

What should I do to pack the ini content into the SDK program?

0 Likes

Hello Herry,

You can't directly integrate the .ini file and program the image sensor.

You will have to define an array with the register values that need to be written to the sensor and send them over I2C to the HUB from CX3 using CyU3PI2cTransmitBytes() to transmit it to the slave and configure the image sensor.

You can go through a similar implementation to that of the UsbI2cRegMode example in the SDk found at the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbi2cregmode

Please go through the example and get back if you have any queries.

Regards,
Yashwant