NV12 USB description reference

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xigu_1705831
Level 2
Level 2
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

hi
      is there an sample code which configure the sub device as NV12 camera ? i tried to configure in our usb  description, but cannot work.

/* Class specific Uncompressed VS format descriptor */

0x1B,                           /* Descriptor size */

0x24,                           /* Class-specific VS I/f Type */

0x04,                           /* Subtype : uncompressed format I/F */

0x01,                           /* Format desciptor index (only one format is supported) */

SENSOR_RESOLUTION_MODE_NUM_HS,  /* number of frame descriptor followed */

#if (SENSOR_TYPE == IMG_OV10650_OV495)

0x55,0x59,0x56,0x59,            /* UYVY */

#else

//0x59,0x55,0x59,0x32,            /* GUID used to identify streaming-encoding format: YUY2  */

0x4E,0x56,0x31,0x32,            /* GUID used to identify streaming-encoding format: NV12  */

#endif

0x00,0x00,0x10,0x00,

0x80,0x00,0x00,0xAA,

0x00,0x38,0x9B,0x71,

16,/*0x10,*/                           /* Number of bits per pixel used to specify color in the decoded video frame.

0 if not applicable: 10 bit per pixel */

0x01,                           /* Optimum Frame Index for this stream: 1 */

0x08,                           /* X dimension of the picture aspect ratio: Non-interlaced in

progressive scan */

0x06,                           /* Y dimension of the picture aspect ratio: Non-interlaced in

progressive scan*/

0x00,                           /* Interlace Flags: Progressive scanning, no interlace */

0x00,                           /* duplication of the video stream restriction: 0 - no restriction */

xingxing

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Please try with MPC-HC player (https://mpc-hc.org/) and 12(i.e 0x0C) as bits per pixel.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Hemanth

Hi xingxing,

The above snippet looks correct. Is the entire frame data going to the Host? Are you getting any enumeration issues?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

hi Hemanth,
   thanks for your reply. i did not get any enumeration issues.
one point i want to confirm with you is that the YUV420 image size is width*height*3/2, what is the correct value for Number of bits per pixel?

16,/*0x10,*/                           /* Number of bits per pixel used to specify color in the decoded video frame.

do you have any recommended windows software which can support yuv420 uvc camera? i cannot get streaming using Amcap. not sure it is our fiwmare issue or windows software issue?

0 Likes
Hemanth

Please try with MPC-HC player (https://mpc-hc.org/) and 12(i.e 0x0C) as bits per pixel.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

hi Hemanth,
     it works now. thanks for your great support.
thanks
xingxing

0 Likes