COULD NOT PROGRAM PSoC-5LP(CY8C5888LTI-LP097)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
CaRo_2954156
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

Hello,

I have a PSoc -5LP(CY8C5888LTI-LP097) device that I could not program. Whenever I try to program using PSoc Creator 4.2 it keeps showing on the comments that my firmware should be upgraded (from 2.19 to 2.2 I am not mistaken). The image is similar to the one shown in the first attachment. Unfortunately after I erased some Windows Driver Packages for Cypress from my Windows 10 under Programs(stupid mistake) the image became blank(pl. see attachment 2). To make matters worse I could not get it back to the previous display.

Any assistance regarding this problem is greatly appreciated. I use this for the class in Robotics. Thank you so much in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

To upgrade firmware, we use PSoC Programmer, which you can download from

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-programmer-archive

Currently the newest one is 3.28.5 which is the own VisionZ_71-san provided the link above.

000-PSoC-Programmer-Archive.JPG

After download and install the PSoC Programmer, start it with CY8CKIT-059 connected to your PC.

000-PSoC-Programmer.JPG

In the upper left pane, you should see KitProg/xxxx.

If not you have some problem with hardware connection between the board and PC.

Assuming that the hardware connection is fine.

Select "KitProg/xxx" in the pane and select Utilities Tab in the right side tabs.

Then select "Upgrade Firmware"

001-utilities-Upgrade-Firmware.JPG

Then steps of the Upgrade are shown in the lower pane,

Initializing..., Upgrading..., Verifying...,  and if "Succeeded" is shown, firmware upgrade should be completed.

003-upgrade-complete.JPG

After this I hope that PSoC Creator will be able to find your CY8CKIT-059.

moto

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

You can try to re-install PSoC Programmer 

0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for your assistance. After the firmware upgrade my device worked fine right away. Thanks again.

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

To upgrade firmware, we use PSoC Programmer, which you can download from

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-programmer-archive

Currently the newest one is 3.28.5 which is the own VisionZ_71-san provided the link above.

000-PSoC-Programmer-Archive.JPG

After download and install the PSoC Programmer, start it with CY8CKIT-059 connected to your PC.

000-PSoC-Programmer.JPG

In the upper left pane, you should see KitProg/xxxx.

If not you have some problem with hardware connection between the board and PC.

Assuming that the hardware connection is fine.

Select "KitProg/xxx" in the pane and select Utilities Tab in the right side tabs.

Then select "Upgrade Firmware"

001-utilities-Upgrade-Firmware.JPG

Then steps of the Upgrade are shown in the lower pane,

Initializing..., Upgrading..., Verifying...,  and if "Succeeded" is shown, firmware upgrade should be completed.

003-upgrade-complete.JPG

After this I hope that PSoC Creator will be able to find your CY8CKIT-059.

moto

Hello Motoo Tanaka,

I would like to thank you for helping me solve my problem about PSoC-5LP. After I upgraded firmware it worked fine right away. Thanks again for you help I really appreciated it.