FX3 Initalising / deinitialising GPIOs for power supply switching etc. uisng UVC snapshot example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ToWo_4256761
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

any suggestions or examples for initializing spare GPIO pins to control peripherals such as power supplies whilst using the snapshot UVC.

I would like to power up some external peripheral controls in a controlled manner after powering up the main FX3 chip and before launching the main video application

and also de-initializing them for low power mode.

Have the peripherals initializing and running a basic test cycle using the GPIO application example successfully.

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Tony,

The example you are referring to is from this thread Request for Snapshot button interface for still image capture [ Using CX3 / FX3 ] . This firmware is having a 32 bit interface.

As per the attached only GPIO 45 can be used. But if your application doesn't require I2S interface (i.e. GPIO [50] - [52] & GPIO[57]). If UART flow control pins are not require you can use them too as GPIO. You need by overriding those pins using CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride API.

As you mentioned you need to control other peripherals using these GPIO's based on the starting and stopping of the UVC application.

For example: When the UVC host application is closed there will be Clear feature sent from host. On getting the request from host the application is stopped. You can drive the GPIO to put the other peripherals into low power mode. You can do it in the same application. I don't find the need to create separate thread for this.

Please refer to AN70707 for the power domains details of the pins.

Please let me know if any queries on this

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Tony,

GPIOs can be used while using UVC application.

Can you give more information about what kind of peripherals would be controlled using GPIO. Please point to the UVC example your are referring to.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

the UVC example is

UVC_AN75779_being_modified_for_Still_Capture_using_GPIO_Vendor_Command.rar

The peripherals include liquid lens driver IC (possibly), temperature/humidity IC,and LED driver IC for lighting.

Also separate power supplies to the CMOS sensor, aim being the ability to turn these off in low power mode, as the device will be powered by laptop/battery back up.

Would this best be set up on separate thread? Or added into existing software?

0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

forgot to include that peripherals would be powered by LDO regulators with logic controlled enables.

Regards,

Tony.

0 Likes

Hello Tony,

The example you are referring to is from this thread Request for Snapshot button interface for still image capture [ Using CX3 / FX3 ] . This firmware is having a 32 bit interface.

As per the attached only GPIO 45 can be used. But if your application doesn't require I2S interface (i.e. GPIO [50] - [52] & GPIO[57]). If UART flow control pins are not require you can use them too as GPIO. You need by overriding those pins using CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride API.

As you mentioned you need to control other peripherals using these GPIO's based on the starting and stopping of the UVC application.

For example: When the UVC host application is closed there will be Clear feature sent from host. On getting the request from host the application is stopped. You can drive the GPIO to put the other peripherals into low power mode. You can do it in the same application. I don't find the need to create separate thread for this.

Please refer to AN70707 for the power domains details of the pins.

Please let me know if any queries on this

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

thanks for your help.

Regards,

Tony.

0 Likes