Is there any appliction in wiced studio to bring up the CYW920719 board in Hci mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
soG_4608441
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any appliction in wiced studio to bring up the CYW920719 board in Hci mode. Means we can build that image into the board and get the board in HCI mode. Where we can send the HCI commands through python script.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

Can you please confirm if this is to use 20719 in HCI controller only mode ? If then, ideally by default 20719 should respond to any of the HCI commands.

You can test this by connecting 20719 Eval board to your PC and running CyBluetool GUI (CyBluetool (Windows Installer) )

In some cases, its preferred to program the 20719 with an empty project as suggested here: CYW20719 in HCI mode  , How to use standard HCI on CYW20719 / CYW920719Q40EVB-01 Evaluation Kit? 

1. First please program from WICED SDK with an empty project with

#include "sparcommon.h"

APPLICATION_START() {}

and try sending commands with CyBluetool.

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

Can you please confirm if this is to use 20719 in HCI controller only mode ? If then, ideally by default 20719 should respond to any of the HCI commands.

You can test this by connecting 20719 Eval board to your PC and running CyBluetool GUI (CyBluetool (Windows Installer) )

In some cases, its preferred to program the 20719 with an empty project as suggested here: CYW20719 in HCI mode  , How to use standard HCI on CYW20719 / CYW920719Q40EVB-01 Evaluation Kit? 

1. First please program from WICED SDK with an empty project with

#include "sparcommon.h"

APPLICATION_START() {}

and try sending commands with CyBluetool.

Thanks,

Anjana

Yes I need CYW920719 board should act as only Bt Controller where I can send the HCI commands through programettically. Not by using CyBluetool GUI. I want to open device by using vendor id and product then i should able to send HCI Commands to controller through ttyUSB or with python module pyusb (by uisng contrl_tranfer   method)

0 Likes

OK, You can try the above.

Download the 20719 with empty application as mentioned above and you can send the HCI commands via HCI UART com port.

Regards,
Anjana