JTAG with WICED Smart

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Wiced Smart SDK support JTAG? programming and debug? I saw some discussions for the WICED WIFI but not for smart.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Unfortunately we do not.  The BCM20732 does however support the use of Serial Wire Debug (SWD) debug/trace messages that are output through the HCI UART port that's onboard.

This thread addresses what is supported with the WICED Smart SDK: Re: Can I use my Jlink to debug when use WICED SMART IDE?

There is also a thread here which talks about how to setup a symbolic debugger using an external header on your board:  Information: BCM20732S debug/trace capabilities through the HCI UART port

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Unfortunately we do not.  The BCM20732 does however support the use of Serial Wire Debug (SWD) debug/trace messages that are output through the HCI UART port that's onboard.

This thread addresses what is supported with the WICED Smart SDK: Re: Can I use my Jlink to debug when use WICED SMART IDE?

There is also a thread here which talks about how to setup a symbolic debugger using an external header on your board:  Information: BCM20732S debug/trace capabilities through the HCI UART port

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you

0 Likes