PSoC 5 LP Flash Memory and emWin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShKr_3646021
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I am trying to figure something out and hope someone can help me with this.

I have a project using PSoC 5 LP and emWin library. I have created a screen to display on the 320*240 TFT LCD. Building the project tells me
I have used 91% of flash memory. When I comment out the screen and all API that links to emWin, I see the flash memory consumption is only 0.6%.

1. Is this something that anyone here has come across? Or am I doing something wrong?

2. In order for me to use serial flash, will I be needing Bootloader?

Thank you for all of your help in advance.

1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The memory requirements are based on the features used in the emWin library. Please find the approximate memory usage of each of the features here: https://www.segger.com/products/user-interface/emwin/technology/emwin-resource-usage/

The component specific resource usage can be found in the component datasheet. For example, the memory usage when using the GraphicsLCDCtrl component is as mentioned below:

resource.PNG

In order for me to use serial flash, will I be needing Bootloader?

No, its not required.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The memory requirements are based on the features used in the emWin library. Please find the approximate memory usage of each of the features here: https://www.segger.com/products/user-interface/emwin/technology/emwin-resource-usage/

The component specific resource usage can be found in the component datasheet. For example, the memory usage when using the GraphicsLCDCtrl component is as mentioned below:

resource.PNG

In order for me to use serial flash, will I be needing Bootloader?

No, its not required.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Thank you for your response.

So correct me if I am wrong, if I was to use serial flash and  use quad SPI to interface serial flash memory chip to PSoC 5 LP, when I build and program the chip it would automatically run the program from this newly interfaced serial flash memory?

Thanks and regards,

Shamili

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

For memory requirements, we can use the SD Card to store the images. To do so, the sample codes have been attached for reference, courtesy of ShKr_3646021​.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes