Is there a code example of a Time Service Broadcaster using Advertisements only?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

I'm trying to create a BLE Broadcaster node that publishes the Time Service once a minute using only Advertiser packets only.  Is there a code example?

Note:  I do not want to support connections on this node.  I realize that I can supply a UIDD with data as part of the Advertiser packet.  I also have already created an Observer-only BLE node that can decode the advertisement data.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Len,

Have you gone through this Dynamic Broadcaster (Day 009) code example in the below link?

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub

Hope it helps ! If not please update the thread.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Len,

Have you gone through this Dynamic Broadcaster (Day 009) code example in the below link?

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub

Hope it helps ! If not please update the thread.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Ganesh,

Thank you.  I'll check it out.  I'll have to convert it to PSoC6 but the principles should be there for the most part.

I did find information about changing the advertisement data such as code frags below that appear to work:

*((uint32_t *)&cy_ble_discoveryData[config_idx].advData[CY_BLE_ADV_PKT_0_INDEX_SERVICE_DATA_IMMEDIATE_ALERT+4]) = adv_count;  // change the intended data.

Cy_BLE_GAPP_UpdateAdvScanData(&cy_ble_discoveryModeInfo[config_idx]);  // Signal the new advData to the BLE stack.

Len.

Len
0 Likes

Ganesh,

The PSoC4 API (CyBle_GapUpdateAdvData() ) is a little different than the PSoC6 BLE API (Cy_BLE_GAPP_UpdateAdvScanData() ) but basically the same.

Thanks.

Len

Len
0 Likes