FOTA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
moro_1580446
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi, I am developer on psoc microcontroller.

I created a device with some feature like GSM and RS485 and external FRAM with I2C and so on...

Its worked well and it work for controlling irrigation in agriculture smarter by getting some function from server on GSM and control monitoring some sensor like TEMP and HUMIDITY on farm. Its so long to describe all of that....

I am doing this project with psoc5 and using FreeRTOS. It is so good without any hangup or effective from noise or any other destructive situation.

Now i have an important question that is so useful for me to reach FOTA on my device.(to change firmware of device to new)

I using example from cypress BLE_OTA_External_Memory_Bootloader and i know how can i creat 128 byte od meta data and how write structure on external memory FRAM true to update firmware by bootloader program. below is structure of OTA in that sample:

Image Status

Encryption Enabled

Application checksum

Image Size in flash rows

Number of the first flash row

External memory page size

True(0x56) or False or Loaded(0x4C) App status

0x00000000 show disable mode

Sum all of .cyacd program data in each row,then 2complementation

Number of row in .cyacd

In this example is 0x74

show page of EEPROM (here is 64Kbyte)

4byte

4byte

4byte

4byte

4byte

4byte

0x00000056

0x00000000

0x0000D23A

0x00000010

0x00000074

0x00000040

Cause in my project i am using psoc5 and it has not struct like psoc4ble so i cant find how to change BLE_OTA_External_Memory_Bootloader to modified on psoc5.for example each row in psoc4ble is 128 byte but in psoc5 is 288 byte.

I try to build an easy sample code like LED blinking and adding Bootloadable on my project to create .cyacd file from project.It is build and i write on external memory like sample project.Calculate meta data by above structure in chart but i cant modified  BLE_OTA_External_Memory_Bootloader to OTA true.

please tell me how can i do?

and if i need own bootloader program how can i create that to reach my purpose?

I am attach my prohect on psoc4BLE,plaese tell me how can i modified on psoc5lp?

thanks for attention...

0 Likes
3 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Mohamad,

As we understand  is the query continuation of the below thread ?

In Application Programming with GSM and External EEPROM

Alakananda
0 Likes

Yes but unfortunately i could not give solution from that forum.Is there anybody that know what is correct way or document or sample project about my target?

0 Likes

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

We are trying to recreate the issue from our side and we will get back to you soon.

Alakananda
0 Likes