CYBT-213043-02 doesn't work with CR2032 coin cell

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaYe_4603801
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given Welcome! 25 replies posted

Hello,

I've tried mesh application powering all CYBT-213043-02 modules over USB.

Everything was Ok. Then I switched to powering from CR2032 coin on one of modules and reseted device.

After this MESH application couldn't find device.

Then I switched back to USB powering and tried to find it in MESH application again.

The device remains not found.

Any comments.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi ,

Unfortunately current CYBT-213043-MESH board have some leakage current; Because of which it can't be powered by coin cell battery.

There are current leakage to USB chip, it make CYBT-213043 module can not work in power battery supply.

But if you are developing a custom board for end application, it should work with battery supply.

If you want to evaluate  CYBT-213043-MESH kit with coin cell , then you may have to try as below:

Hard cutoff HCI_UART through SW4 and cutoff PUART through FW, it will prevent current leakage. After that, CYBT213043 module can work in Battery supply.

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi ,

Unfortunately current CYBT-213043-MESH board have some leakage current; Because of which it can't be powered by coin cell battery.

There are current leakage to USB chip, it make CYBT-213043 module can not work in power battery supply.

But if you are developing a custom board for end application, it should work with battery supply.

If you want to evaluate  CYBT-213043-MESH kit with coin cell , then you may have to try as below:

Hard cutoff HCI_UART through SW4 and cutoff PUART through FW, it will prevent current leakage. After that, CYBT213043 module can work in Battery supply.

Regards,

Anjana