CY7C65634-48AXC Overcurrent protection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
arku_4610076
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using "CY7C65634-48AXC" part in my design. I have a doubt on the overcurrent protection.  In the datasheet I can see this: "After detecting an overcurrent condition, hub reports overcurrent condition to the host and disables the PWR# output to the external power device."

My doubt is How the HUB reports the overcurrent detection to HOST? Using USB packets??

Is there any driver files available for this HUB@ to work-out this overcurrent functionality in host. I am working in Linux.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Yes, the the hub reports the overcurrent condition using Hub specific USB packets and disables power to the device. The hub binds to generic hub driver in the host and the overcurrent detection is reported as per the USB spec.

Please let us know if you would like to avoid notifying the host of the overcurrent condition?

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Yes, the the hub reports the overcurrent condition using Hub specific USB packets and disables power to the device. The hub binds to generic hub driver in the host and the overcurrent detection is reported as per the USB spec.

Please let us know if you would like to avoid notifying the host of the overcurrent condition?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes