Where can I find standalone MeshClient for Windows

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaYe_4603801
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given Welcome! 25 replies posted

Hello,

If I correctly understood MeshClient and ClientControlMesh App User Guide, in order to use MeshClient application on W10, one must install either WICED Studio either ModusToolbox.

I've already ModusToolbox on Linux, so I need standalone MeshClient on Windows.

Can you provide a link for downloading ?

Thanks.

P.S. Here is extract from MeshClient and ClientControlMesh App User Guide (p. 4):

The MeshClient application uses PC’s built-in Bluetooth radio, or an external Bluetooth dongle to communicate with Bluetooth mesh. The ClientControlMesh application implements all layers of the mesh stack. The ClientControlMesh application implements only the application layer.

Thus, it is first said that ClientControlMesh implements all layers, then it is said that it implements only the application layer. Typo ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
NazarP_56
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi PaYe_4603801,

You can download it from https://www.cypress.com/products/ble-mesh or clone from GIT:

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/btsdk-peer-apps-mesh: btsdk-peer-apps-mesh (MeshClient)

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/btsdk-host-apps-mesh: btsdk-host-apps-mesh (ClientControlMesh)

Regarding MeshClient and ClientControlMesh App User Guide (p. 4), it is typo..the MeshClient implements all layers of the spec. The ClientControl only has UI. The mesh is on the embedded side. mesh_provision_client application + mesh models + mesh core. See picture on the next.

Regards,
Nazar

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NazarP_56
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi PaYe_4603801,

You can download it from https://www.cypress.com/products/ble-mesh or clone from GIT:

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/btsdk-peer-apps-mesh: btsdk-peer-apps-mesh (MeshClient)

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/btsdk-host-apps-mesh: btsdk-host-apps-mesh (ClientControlMesh)

Regarding MeshClient and ClientControlMesh App User Guide (p. 4), it is typo..the MeshClient implements all layers of the spec. The ClientControl only has UI. The mesh is on the embedded side. mesh_provision_client application + mesh models + mesh core. See picture on the next.

Regards,
Nazar