Remove oldest bonding cannot connect more than 4 devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
juyu_1538976
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

I cannot connect to more than 4 devices by using CyBle_GapRemoveOldestDevice. When the fifth BLE central tries to connect, the device reject the connection by returning "CYBLE_HCI_CONNECTION_TERMINATED_LOCAL_HOST_ERROR" in disconnect event.

This problem only occur occasionally, I tested on serval devices and only 1 of them has this issue. For the others, I repeat the testing many time but they can connect to more than 4 devices. And after I reprogram the device, sometimes it can connect to more than 5 devices but sometimes do not.

After calling  "CyBle_GapRemoveOldestDevice", I then call "CyBle_StoreBondingData" to update the bonding list in flash.

However, I put the "CyBLe_GapRemoveOldestDevice" in event "CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_REQ", would it be the reason that the device rejects connection and returns "CYBLE_HCI_CONNECTION_TERMINATED_LOCAL_HOST_ERROR"?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

It is not recommended to call the CyBle_GapRemoveOldestDeviceFromBondedList() API in CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_REQ event. Please call this API in Disconnection event as shown in below code.

case CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED:

CyBle_GapGetBondedDevicesList(&bonddevlist);
  if(bonddevlist.count==CYBLE_GAP_MAX_BONDED_DEVICE)
{    
/*Removes the oldest device from the bonded and white lists.*/
  apiResult =CyBle_GapRemoveOldestDeviceFromBondedList();
/* CyBle_StoreBondingData should be called to clear the Bonding info from flash */
  while(CYBLE_ERROR_OK != CyBle_StoreBondingData(1));
/* Restart the advertisement */
  apiResult = CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement(CYBLE_ADVERTISING_FAST);
}
else
{
}

break;

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello juyu_1538976 ,

1. It is recommended to remove the bonded devices during Disconnection state. The API CyBle_GapRemoveOldestDeviceFromBondedList() will removes the oldest device from the bonded and white lists. This API should not be called while in connected state. If device is connected to the oldest device, and this API is called, it will remove the device which is next oldest and not connected.
2. Please refer to the Day15_Bonding example project in the GitHub for more information on storing and removing of the bonded devices.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
juyu_1538976
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

hi Yugandhar,

Thank you very much for the reply.

If we call the API during connected state, will it make the device unable to pair with more new BLE centrals?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello juyu_1538976 ,

If you call this API in connected state then each time it will remove the device which is next oldest and not connected. At my end, I tested the project pairing with more new BLE central devices where I'm able to pair successfully. Could you please share your project, so that we can check at our end ? Please refer to the attached sample project for your reference and let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi PY_21

On my side not all device have this issue. It happen on some devices only. But when it happen, that device can no longer connect to a new device anymore. Only erase the whole flash can solve the problem.

How do I share the project with you?

Best Regards

Jun Yung

0 Likes

Hello juyu_1538976 ,

In PSoC Creator, go to File ->Create Workspace Bundle -> Select minimal. Please attach the generated file.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello juyu_1538976 ,

Could you please share your project?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi PY_21

sorry for my late reply.

Please find my workspace in below link. The issue does not always happen, but it would be good if you can give me some suggestion on what's wrong in my BLE implementation.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NtczaUWLLTRXZgcCVw5KI1kI8Du7XZm2

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes

Hi PY_21

Can you think of any other reason that the BLE would reject the connection of fifth device?

I found that when this happen, the peripheral disconnect immediately after "CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_CONNECTED", without going through "CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_REQ" and "CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_COMPLETE".

Thanks

Jun

0 Likes

Hi PY_21

Do you have any comment about the code?

Thanks

Jun

0 Likes

Hello,

It is not recommended to call the CyBle_GapRemoveOldestDeviceFromBondedList() API in CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_REQ event. Please call this API in Disconnection event as shown in below code.

case CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED:

CyBle_GapGetBondedDevicesList(&bonddevlist);
  if(bonddevlist.count==CYBLE_GAP_MAX_BONDED_DEVICE)
{    
/*Removes the oldest device from the bonded and white lists.*/
  apiResult =CyBle_GapRemoveOldestDeviceFromBondedList();
/* CyBle_StoreBondingData should be called to clear the Bonding info from flash */
  while(CYBLE_ERROR_OK != CyBle_StoreBondingData(1));
}
else
{
}

break;

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes