FX3 GPIF - Intr_CPU recovery time / frequency

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaFi_4159091
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a very simple callback (toggles a single pin via direct register access) registered to the Intr_CPU function in GPIF. My GPIF design calls Intr_CPU every 15 us and the pin is toggled almost immediately, which indicates a acceptable latency. However, only every thirtd interrupt is executed, as if there is some recovery time after the last intr_cpu before the next can be called. The callback function takes definitely a lot less than 15 us to return.

Is there a way around this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Rashi,

thanks for your answer. I measured the 15us by tracking a control signal with a oscilloscope.

However, I would mark this thread as resolved, since I've found a solution: I created an infinite loop at the end of my readout-sequence, which spams interrupts every 1 us until the firmware signals, the interrupt is handled.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Fabian,

- Can you confirm how do you calculate the 15 us between two GPIF interrupts.

- Can you share the traces (GPIO toggling)

- How are you getting back to the state machine? Can you share the firmware part which contains this implementation

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello Rashi,

thanks for your answer. I measured the 15us by tracking a control signal with a oscilloscope.

However, I would mark this thread as resolved, since I've found a solution: I created an infinite loop at the end of my readout-sequence, which spams interrupts every 1 us until the firmware signals, the interrupt is handled.

0 Likes