modusToolbox can not add Middleware/Library files

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OkBa_4438736
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I am using Modustoolbox 1.1, and using Git to add my project as "adding project from from file system" so far no problem I can add my project and build it.

However, I can not add any library through "Select Middleware" . No files/folder appear in  "psoc6sw-1.1/components" path. And I am getting following Errors.

modus1.PNG

modus2.PNG

Obviously the git  project is not in my workspace, but how can I add the file path to the Middleware tool?

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Please refer to the following KBA to understand how to perform version control in ModusToolbox 1.1: Git Version Control in ModusToolbox - KBA226845

When you select a middleware, the files specific to the middleware get imported into your workspace in the path: "<Application Dir>/psoc6sw-1.1\components\psoc6mw"

If the files aren't present after selecting the middleware, then there might be a corruption in your installation and I would recommend reinstalling.

Also, note that new version of ModusToolbox (v2.0) is out and strongly recommend downloading that, as it comes with whole new features

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Unfortunately re-installing Modustoolbox did not solve the problem. Still I am not able to add any library from the middleware.

In addition, upgrading to Modustoolbox 2.0 is not convenient for us as it requires major changes in the project organizations.

PS= We have re-produced exactly same problem in  different computers (windows/linux) over different modustoolbox installations.

0 Likes
OkBa_4438736
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Is there any way to find the middleware code and place manually?

I will need EmEEPROM, which requires no configuration to get the generated code.

0 Likes

OkBa_4438736​,

Need more information:
1. Please confirm that you can create project from Example provided in MT1.1  (e.g. BlinkyLED) and open Middleware selector without any problem.

2. In your first post, I see the screenshot with "Log file(s) for this section are stored at...." - could you please attach log as well?

3. Could you please attach modus.mk of your project?

Thanks,
Nazar

0 Likes