Can't access "Application Settings" in ModusToolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaYe_4603801
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given Welcome! 25 replies posted

Hello,

Learning EZ-BT MESH Evaluation Kit with "Getting Started with Bluetooth Mesh" (AN227069) document I've met problem with application settings.

According to the p. 13 of the document, one can access application settings by rignt-clicking on the application name and selecting "Change Application Settings" .

Then the following window should open:

pastedImage_0.png

Probably this App. Note is based on an ancient version of ModusToolbox, because when I created application using template all the units that I see in the "Project Explorer" tab are project-type units but not application-type ones.

Consequently there is no "Change Application Settings" in the context menu when I right-click on project name.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi PaYe_4603801,

Yes, the mesh app note is based on ModusToolbox 1.1.  I hope you are using ModusToolbox2.0.

I will contact cypress technical document team and inform this. We will take necessary steps to updated the appnote ASAP.

Thank you for sharing this issue with us.

'Application settings' can be changed by editing the makefile in MTB 2.0. There is no GUI for it.

Please go through Migrating from ModusToolbox v1.1 to v2.x - KBA229043 

Please go through C:\Users\username\ModusToolbox\ide_2.0\docs\doc_landing.html for IDE based documentation.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi PaYe_4603801,

Yes, the mesh app note is based on ModusToolbox 1.1.  I hope you are using ModusToolbox2.0.

I will contact cypress technical document team and inform this. We will take necessary steps to updated the appnote ASAP.

Thank you for sharing this issue with us.

'Application settings' can be changed by editing the makefile in MTB 2.0. There is no GUI for it.

Please go through Migrating from ModusToolbox v1.1 to v2.x - KBA229043 

Please go through C:\Users\username\ModusToolbox\ide_2.0\docs\doc_landing.html for IDE based documentation.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj