Sense tuner cannot be connected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
keno_4227451
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi! Im using capsense and when I try to use sense tuner by I2C, I have a connecting problem.

The error massage says " There was an error reading data from the device" .

If you know any clue, Please let me know.

The detail is below

PSoC: CY8C4147AZI-S475

KITPROG2: CY8C5868LTI-LP039

Digital source power: 3.3V

I2C Speed: 100kHz

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please try with I2C speed as 400KHz and sub-address size as 16 bits/2 Bytes in the Tuner connection set-up GUI.

Please check if I2C lines are connected properly. There should be 330 ohms in series with I2C lines and 4.7 kilo ohms(in general) pull-up resistances to I2C lines.

Check if the I2C pins are selected accordingly in PSoC Creator project. Check if baud rate matches with component and tuner.

Please ensure that power supply is selected as external and connect the VDD and ground lines of the board to Miniprog.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please try with I2C speed as 400KHz and sub-address size as 16 bits/2 Bytes in the Tuner connection set-up GUI.

Please check if I2C lines are connected properly. There should be 330 ohms in series with I2C lines and 4.7 kilo ohms(in general) pull-up resistances to I2C lines.

Check if the I2C pins are selected accordingly in PSoC Creator project. Check if baud rate matches with component and tuner.

Please ensure that power supply is selected as external and connect the VDD and ground lines of the board to Miniprog.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Thank you so much!!

Unfortunatly, I cant make it still.

Im using CY8CKIT-149 and I separated KitProg2 board from PSoC 4100S Plus board.

https://japan.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-149-psoc-4100s-plus-prototypi...

I connected them correctly.

I can write the program but just cant connect by Launch tuner.

Thank you for helping me.

0 Likes

I solved the problem.

I could connect by using J6 pin.

Thank you so much for helping!!

0 Likes