Eclipse and JTAG debugging: Run / Debug buttons

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaSt_4567191
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello

I am a question which is probably more related to eclipse, still I cannot find any help from their forums.

I set up Segger debuggin with cortex CX3. I set up the debugger (right click - Debug As and followed the instruction from the documentation). I am able to load the code via JTAG, laìunch the debugger and see the breakpoint @main entry point. So far so Good

Question is: how can I configure eclipse to use the segger debug confuration without passin from right-click and Debug as evetime? i.e. pushing the Debug Buttom on the eclips GUI? This is annoying. Same for the 'Run' button: both tri to execute C/C++ Application and gdb instead of the arm-bei-gb from the GNU-ARM tool chahin ...

I am digging among the zillions of eclipse options with no joy (very frustrating)

Thanks much

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

There is a possible workaround for your issue but it can only be used in "Debug Perspective".

Please do the following steps:

1.) Open "Debug Configurations" menu by right clicking on the project and navigate to "Debug As" tab and click on "Debug Configurations".

2.) Set up a GDB SEGGER J-Link Debugging instance by following the EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf from the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf

3.) Launch the debug configuration by clicking on the "Debug" button.

4.) A new debug perspective will be launched with the running debug session.

5.) You can press F11 here to relaunch the same configuration.

NOTE:

1.) You will have to launch the J-Link Debug Session atleast once to use the above method to relaunch the same session.

2.)You can't use F11 to launch J-Link Session when you are in C/C++ View.

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please let me know whether you want to have a shortcut for pressing debug or run button after configuring the debug environment or is it before configuring the debug environment?

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

There is no shortcut like the one requested if you haven't set the debug configuration environment in the first place.

You will have to firstly set up a debug configuration for your device following the EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf from the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf

After setting up the configuration, you can just press F11 which will start the debug environment with the previously set configurations.

You can use Ctrl+F11 to use the Run option directly.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

pressing F11 deliver this error box

pastedImage_0.png

Error with command: gdb --version

Cannot run program "gdb": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

0 Likes

The point is that I already a debug configuration for your device following the EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf from the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf but F11 does not lanch this. In other words, how can I force F11 to launch this debug configuration?

Thanks

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hello,

There is a possible workaround for your issue but it can only be used in "Debug Perspective".

Please do the following steps:

1.) Open "Debug Configurations" menu by right clicking on the project and navigate to "Debug As" tab and click on "Debug Configurations".

2.) Set up a GDB SEGGER J-Link Debugging instance by following the EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf from the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf

3.) Launch the debug configuration by clicking on the "Debug" button.

4.) A new debug perspective will be launched with the running debug session.

5.) You can press F11 here to relaunch the same configuration.

NOTE:

1.) You will have to launch the J-Link Debug Session atleast once to use the above method to relaunch the same session.

2.)You can't use F11 to launch J-Link Session when you are in C/C++ View.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes