COMPACT_COLOR_16 on a PSoC6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DeBu_952716
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted Welcome!

Do you have a functioning example of emWin on the Cy8CKIT-062-BLE with the CY8CKIT-028 TFT using Compact Color?

Our existing product uses COMPACT_COLOR_16 and our UI is designed around it. Virtually all our UI graphics look horrible in FLEXCOLOR and simple selecting COMPACTCOLOR for the Graphics engine doesn’t result in code that will compile and run.

If you can point me to where in the community this issue has been raised and resolved I’d appreciate it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I had 2 threads on emwin settings issues:

Only 8 colors in emwin

emWin 5.46 and FlexColor

These projects are located here ( SSD1289x16_emwin.zip    and    Test_emWin_5_46.zip    )

That is all I have.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DeBu_952716
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted Welcome!

I'll add a little more background. This is a PSoC Creator 4.2 project and I've resolve several issues by rebuilding the project from the ground up with CompactColor_16 selected. The color mapping and screen orientation needed some tweaks even using the initialization code from the existing product (what's up with that?).

Most things are working but B&W bitmaps are weird. They look like there's an alpha blending function going on and no matter what colors I select for ON & OFF pixels the color is pale blue blended with the background color.

Anyone else trying to use CompactColor_16?

0 Likes

I had 2 threads on emwin settings issues:

Only 8 colors in emwin

emWin 5.46 and FlexColor

These projects are located here ( SSD1289x16_emwin.zip    and    Test_emWin_5_46.zip    )

That is all I have.

0 Likes