CyU3PMipicsiInit() fails with status =69

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaSt_4567191
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hi there

as per subject. I am using a CX3 project in the EZUSB Suite. I read this discussion  CyU3PMipicsiInit returning CY_U3P_ERROR_FAILURE which is closed so I get here.

- What is error code 69? Sorry if it is documented somewhere (which I cannot find in the header files)

- why there could be pblems in i2c communication according to the above mentioned discussion? I understand the MPI blocks is inside the CX3 SoC so does not make sense. please shade some light on this

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please find my comments below:

-Error code 69 refers to a timeout error.

-The CyU3PMipicsiInit() can fail due to the following reasons:

1.If an I2C read/write timeout occurs during the operation (This is the issue that you are facing now).

2.If the part on which this function is called is not a CX3 device.

3.If a general or unknown error occurred during the operation.

The CX3 part uses the I2C block to communicate with both the MIPI-CSI block and any connected Image Sensor. The 7 bit I2C slave address 8b'0000111X (Read 0x0F, Write 0x0E) is used internally by the CX3 part to configure and control the MIPI-CSI interface block and should not be used by any external I2C slaves connected to the CX3 on the I2C bus. Also, the pull-ups for I2C lines are to be provided as per checklists mentioned in AN70707, the link to which is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/139936/download

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please find my comments below:

-Error code 69 refers to a timeout error.

-The CyU3PMipicsiInit() can fail due to the following reasons:

1.If an I2C read/write timeout occurs during the operation (This is the issue that you are facing now).

2.If the part on which this function is called is not a CX3 device.

3.If a general or unknown error occurred during the operation.

The CX3 part uses the I2C block to communicate with both the MIPI-CSI block and any connected Image Sensor. The 7 bit I2C slave address 8b'0000111X (Read 0x0F, Write 0x0E) is used internally by the CX3 part to configure and control the MIPI-CSI interface block and should not be used by any external I2C slaves connected to the CX3 on the I2C bus. Also, the pull-ups for I2C lines are to be provided as per checklists mentioned in AN70707, the link to which is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/139936/download

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes