Flash PSoc5 ULinkPlus

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnRe_2356106
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All!

I’m currently facing a problem:

We have purchased a license for Keil/ARM MDK which is fine for PSoC4 and 5 as long as I’m using a ULINK pro. But it does not work with a ULINK Plus, which I need for (in our case) not so rare occasions when developing smaller projects with 5V. I also found Segger J-Link Ultra not working. To me it appears that the flashloader built into µVision is doing something wrong.

Keil/ARM tell me that they need Cypress to at least assist in fixing this.

Is there a chance that Cypress will do so in the near future? It would help me very much.

Best regards,

Andreas

0 Likes
1 Solution

We do not support ULinkPlus and JLink Ultra+. We do not have such requirement from Creator and PSoC Programmer side, thus we do not do any validation w/ these probes. We only support Ulink2/UlinkPro and Jlink – refer proper sections in PSoC Creator help section.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Andreas,

When you use ULink Plus/Jlink Ultra what exactly are the symptoms you are observing?

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hell Dheeraj!

The devices are erased but they cannot be programmed. Something like "Time out while flash...". Sorry, I don't have one ready at the moment.

Debugging appears to work.

The most puzzling thing is that it works with a ULinkPro.

Regards,

Andreas

0 Likes

Did you have time to check for the error message? Please provide that information.

I didn't quite understand how debugging can work when your programming step itself is failing. Please provide the error log, it will provide us more insight on the issue.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello Dheeraj!

Here's the message. It's basically the same for ULINK and JLINK.

pastedImage_0.png

followed by

pastedImage_1.png

If I turn off flash downloading and use a µC that has been programmed using a different debug probe before, I can definitly debug using a ULINKplus. It appears to have reduced functionality but I can at least single step my code.

I don't know where Keil puts an error log. Can you please tell me where to find it.

Here you can see the output for ULINK:

pastedImage_2.png

And here for JLink:

pastedImage_3.png

Best regards,

Andreas

0 Likes

The error suggests that the RAM for Algorithm option in the Flash Download tab of the debugger settings might be wrong. Find more information here: ULINK: FLASH DOWNLOADING WITH CORTEX-M3 DRIVER

Can you please check the values for Start and Size based on this table below:

debuggers.PNG

Please refer to the PSoC Creator help topic "Setting Up for ULink2/ULink Pro and Segger J-Link Debugger Probes" fot detailed steps on setting various debugger options correctly by using Help > PSoC Creator Help Topics in PSoC Creator.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Dheraj

0 Likes

Hello Dheeraj!

Sorry, doesn't work. Neither for ULINKplus nor for J-Link Ultra+, same error messages as before. I'm quite sure that I tried that before.

Please keep in mind that - as stated in my original post - I already talked to Keil/ARM and they explicitly told me that they needed some sort of collaboration with Cypress to make the ULINKplus work. I think this is about FLMs.

Since I do think it private correspondence I don't want to post their answers in an open forum. So, taking the risk of violating forum etiquette, I dare to ask if there's a way of talking "in private".

Regards,

Andreas

0 Likes

We do not support ULinkPlus and JLink Ultra+. We do not have such requirement from Creator and PSoC Programmer side, thus we do not do any validation w/ these probes. We only support Ulink2/UlinkPro and Jlink – refer proper sections in PSoC Creator help section.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes