CYBT-333032-02 EZ-Serial Pins/Pinouts

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiHe_4599321
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

Hello,

In the process of evaluating the CYBT-333032-02 to be used to replace our current BT2.1 (CSR  BR-C40) Implementation. Specifically need to test SPP performance against our proprietary HCI implementation (very old, No stack, very fast (in the day)).

I am going to mount the CYBT-333032-02 onto our existing design and was wondering/confirming:

1. The Module I order from Mouser comes with the EZ-Serial Firmware (found it on a slide)

2. I can wire the interface pins to my Microcontroller to control the interface.

3. I need to wire up the control signals for CYSPP, so what Pins are purposed for CP_Role (We will be peripheral) and CYSPP (would like to control switcing states here)

4. Do I need to connect up a Reset Signal?

Any and all information would be helpful here.

Regards,
Richard Hecht

0 Likes
4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello Richard Hecht,

Yes, CYBT-333032-02 comes with Ez-Serial FW. You can wire up the interface pins to Micro controller to control the device.

Please go through the Ez-Serial FW user guide (EZ-Serial WICED Firmware Platform User Guide for CYW2070x-based Modules - V1.1.14) for detailed explanation here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-serial-ez-ble-module-firmware-platform

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

Anjana,

Thanks for the response.   So in terms of GPIO Pin mapping for CYSPP,etc on the CYBT-3330320-02, I am review Chaptering 8, GPIO Pins.   Which of the two modules does the CYBT-333032-02 follow: CYBT-343026-01 or CYBT-353027-02 (referenced in the table)?

Regards,
Rich

0 Likes

Hi Rich,

As per the release notes : https://www.cypress.com/file/455971/download  , You have to follow CYBT-343026-01 for CYBT-333032-02

Regards,

Anjana

Thanks for the help.  

0 Likes