Could not connect to J-Link

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ViDe_3840266
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dear Cypress community,

I recently bought a J link V8 probe for JTAG debugging on CX3 RDK denebola development kit from e-con Systems.

The problem is that I can't reach the debug interface. I followed the steps to set up the debug configuration :

pastedImage_0.png

But with this configuration I have the following error :

pastedImage_1.png

I also tried to change the JlinkGDBServer.exe for the JFlash.exe, and with that configuration I reach the loading for launching the debug interface, but it remains stucked at 62% :
pastedImage_2.png

On stack overflow they say that this is a typical bug with the CDT plugin of Eclipse.

Could you help me to fix that problem please ?

Best regards,
Vivien

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Vivien,

Please follow section 3.1 of EzUsbSuiteUserGuide.pdf found in the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf

The document mentions the correct debug configuration that needs to be followed.

Also, the initial speed in the Debugger tab is to be Fixed at 1000KHz.

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi Vivien,

The only case when that error mentioned above comes up is:

When you haven't connected the J-Link Debugger to the PC when starting the debug configuration as it is not able to reach the debugger in the first place.

So, please connect the debugger to the PC and then start the debug config. It should work as expected.
I have re-produced this on my end.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

Hi Yashwant,

The J-link Debugger is correctly connected via USB and its green LED is powered on, and I still have the same error message.

The JTAG debugger is also correctly connected to the RDK board.

Best regards,

Vivien

0 Likes

Hello Vivien,

Can you just clarify if you have done any changes to the power domains of CX3 RDK?

If yes, can you elaborate what all you did?

The error that you see above also comes when the JTAG block of CX3 doesn't get powered up properly and has some issues regarding the power domain.

Also, can you confirm that it is a CX3 RDk board from e-con systems and not a custom board?

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

Hello Vivien,

Please follow section 3.1 of EzUsbSuiteUserGuide.pdf found in the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf

The document mentions the correct debug configuration that needs to be followed.

Also, the initial speed in the Debugger tab is to be Fixed at 1000KHz.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes