CYBLE-202007

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeGr_4080671
Level 1
Level 1

I recently started at a new gig, and I'm trying to troubleshoot an intermittent issue with the CYBLE-202007 module. Essentially, the device is freezing and I have to remove the battery to get any kind of response.The reports from the field are basically I was using it and it froze. There is no consistent behavior that is prompting the device to freeze. After the battery of the device is removed it goes back to normal, but as I said it is intermittent and I cannot replicate the issue. This module acts as the main MCU in the device as well, receiving and processing analog accelerometer data. I've tried debugging it and doing things to get it to freeze in debug, but have not yet succeeded. I've changed the IRQ priority, but without being able to reproduce the problem in the lab I can't really evaluate if it works.   Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated as I'm a fish out of water with this chip.

0 Likes
7 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

From your description, it is mostly looking as the hardware issue. Please attach the complete schematic of your end application (including power supply part).

Also, how frequent the issue is happening in the field? Can you please explain the external environment in which the device is placed? If possible send some images too.

Once we figure out that above things are not cause for the issue we will look into your project.

Thanks

Ganesh

JeGr_4080671
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ganesh,

The frequency really is sporadic. We have around 100 units in the field and have around 9 tech calls around this. It has happened twice prior to leaving our facility. I'm unsure of how it would be a hardware issue. When the freeze occurs the connect is dropped. After that it cannot be turned off as the buttons are firmware driven so the power button will not trigger anything as the chip is monitor the button. I cannot post the schematic unfortunately.

Cheers,

Jesse

0 Likes

Hi Jesse,

The possible issue might be the EMI. Any noise on the power line coupled either directly or indirectly may cause device to malfunction.

Please ensure that the power supply is stable. The following are the guidelines that Cypress provides to our customers to design the boards.

https://www.cypress.com/file/230426/download

Also please note that the power supply should be stable while during the flash write operations in your application (if any).

It would be simple to debug the issue if you can tell us any situation/environment where the issue can be reproduced easily.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
JeGr_4080671
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the input. I'm not actually using cap sense. I did explore the PDN originally and tried manipulating it such that the voltage dropped below the chip threshold but it just reset. Unfortunately, I've tested all the scenarios the customers described but am unable to reproduce. That's the dilemma. I'm wondering if it is getting stuck somewhere in the BLE stack because of timing. Idk I've worked with Nordic and never had any issues like this.

Cheers,

Jesse

0 Likes

Hi,

Based on your inputs, the issue may be with firmware too. Please ensure the following things which will resolve the issue.

1. Ensure that you are not using old version of Bootloader component. Always use latest version of bootloader as well as bootloadable component. We have found some issue with Bootloader component 1.50 . Always use the bootloader component version 1.60 or above.

2. Ensure that you are not writing to the Flash too frequently. Any glitch on the power supply during this process may corrupt the flash.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hello again Gannesh,

I took your advice and updated my components for Psoc 4.2 with no problems when building for debug. When I switch it to release I'm getting some issues with the Linker for files I'm unaware of and cannot find. I remove the links from the linker and the project blows up. Any suggestions? I guess we have been using a debug version of the project this whole time. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Jesse

0 Likes

Nevermind I figured it out. The linker was missing some things from the release and after I got it all squared away it built just fine.

0 Likes