How to build Fx3 project by cmd terminal

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xixu_4093676
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Are there one cmd line way to build the Fx3 project instead the way build manual click the "Build Project" menu in the Cypress EZ USB Suite?

We  need to build the project on the Git server automatic, when engineer push updated code to the release branch .

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Regarding building of the firmware using command prompt:

- Create a folder (For example: folder named 'firmware')

- Please refer to the figure below:

pastedImage_1.png

As shown in the figure, copy the folders 'fw_lib', 'fw_build' and 'util' to the place where the folder 'firmware' is present.

- Now copy the firmware folder from the following path into the folder 'firmware'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbi2cregmode

- After copying the folder cyfxusbi2cregmode from the above path to the firmware folder, open the cyfxusbi2cregmode.

- Edit the makefile so that FX3FWROOT=../../.. is changed to FX3FWROOT=../.. 

- Now open command prompt in the path firmware/cyfxusbi2cregmode where the make file is present.

- Now do : make all

You can see cyfxusbi2cregmode.elf being generated.

- Now copy the 'elf2img.exe' from C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\util\elf2img to firmware/cyfxusbi2cregmode where the .elf file is present

- Now in the command prompt run the following:

elf2img.exe -i cyfxusbi2cregmode.elf -o cyfxusbi2cregmode.img

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Regarding building of the firmware using command prompt:

- Create a folder (For example: folder named 'firmware')

- Please refer to the figure below:

pastedImage_1.png

As shown in the figure, copy the folders 'fw_lib', 'fw_build' and 'util' to the place where the folder 'firmware' is present.

- Now copy the firmware folder from the following path into the folder 'firmware'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbi2cregmode

- After copying the folder cyfxusbi2cregmode from the above path to the firmware folder, open the cyfxusbi2cregmode.

- Edit the makefile so that FX3FWROOT=../../.. is changed to FX3FWROOT=../.. 

- Now open command prompt in the path firmware/cyfxusbi2cregmode where the make file is present.

- Now do : make all

You can see cyfxusbi2cregmode.elf being generated.

- Now copy the 'elf2img.exe' from C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\util\elf2img to firmware/cyfxusbi2cregmode where the .elf file is present

- Now in the command prompt run the following:

elf2img.exe -i cyfxusbi2cregmode.elf -o cyfxusbi2cregmode.img

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your help, I following your steps, When do : make all,

It seem like it show like "can not locate make cmd" then I try to do cs-make

I get following message:

C:\work\fx3_cmd_build\firmware\cyfxusbi2cregmode>cs-make all
arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -DTX_ENABLE_EVENT_TRACE -DDEBUG -DCYU3P_FX3=1 -D__CYU3P_TX__=1 -I. -I../../fw_lib/1_3_3/inc  -O0 -Wall -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -o cyfxusbi2cregmode.o cyfxusbi2cregmode.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -DTX_ENABLE_EVENT_TRACE -DDEBUG -DCYU3P_FX3=1 -D__CYU3P_TX__=1 -I. -I../../fw_lib/1_3_3/inc  -O0 -Wall -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -o cyfxusbenumdscr.o cyfxusbenumdscr.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -DTX_ENABLE_EVENT_TRACE -DDEBUG -DCYU3P_FX3=1 -D__CYU3P_TX__=1 -I. -I../../fw_lib/1_3_3/inc  -O0 -Wall -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -o cyfxtx.o cyfxtx.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc  -Wall -c -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -o cyfx_gcc_startup.o cyfx_gcc_startup.S
arm-none-eabi-ld cyfx_gcc_startup.o cyfxusbi2cregmode.o cyfxusbenumdscr.o cyfxtx.o --entry CyU3PFirmwareEntry -L ../../fw_lib/1_3_3/fx3_debug -lcyu3sport -lcyu3lpp -lcyfxapi -lcyu3threadx "$ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH"/arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a "$ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH"/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.1/libgcc.a  -T ../../fw_build/fx3_fw/fx3_512k.ld -d --gc-sections --no-wchar-size-warning -Map cyfxusbi2cregmode.map -o cyfxusbi2cregmode.elf
arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find $ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH/arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find $ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.1/libgcc.a: No such file or directory
cs-make: *** [cyfxusbi2cregmode.elf] Error 1

Also, If I run "cs-make clean"

C:\work\fx3_cmd_build\firmware\cyfxusbi2cregmode>cs-make clean
rm -f ./cyfxusbi2cregmode.elf
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, rm -f ./cyfxusbi2cregmode.elf, ...) failed.
make (e=2):
cs-make: *** [clean] Error 2

Would you please give me any advices on the issues?

Also, Can you let me know how to install make? I must use make to build?

Thanks,

0 Likes

Update

After install make by mingw basic setup, The issues is fixed.

0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Hope you can build the firmware now using cmd terminal.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes