Saving a variable after calling wiced_hal_wdog_reset_system();

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CoreyW_81
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Is there any way to save a variable through a call to wiced_hal_wdog_reset_system();

I want to save a single byte of data which can act as a flag when I come back from the soft reset.

Device is the CYBT-343026-01 module.

Let me know.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Corey,

You can set a variable to required value after calling wiced_hal_wdog_reset_system(). Then check its status after coming back from soft reset. I do not think of any other way to pass any variable after calling this soft reset API.

0 Likes

Sheetal - I don't think this makes sense.  I believe that when you call wiced_hal_wdog_reset_system(); you do not return so no firmware AFTER this call would be executed.  So, assigning a variable after the call would not have an effect.

Setting a variable BEFORE the call is what I want, and I want that variable to stay valid after the soft reset.  I don't think a globally defined variable will survive the reset, unless there is a special way to define the variable so that it is not initialized during the reset.

Please let me know what you can find out from the firmware team on this.

0 Likes