CYBT-213043 flashing Mesh Binaries

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
peva_3795836
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First question asked

Hello,

Is there an easy way to just flash the firmware binaries instead of programming the board from the source code?

I want to program the boards to use the mesh  examples - dimmer,lighting , etc. Any programming tool and the set of binaries I needed?(Boot loader,etc)

Please assist.

Thanks in advance !

Pv

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi ,

You can use use any .

For the GUI , after installing please plug the EVAL board. It will list the device.

You have to open Peripheral UART for debug logs. By default baud rate will be 115200 bps.

Please go through the readme.txt of associated demo application in MTB.

I would suggest you to go through WICED ACADEMY files to get familiar with our BT device and IDE : GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class

Regards,
Anjana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

For downloading to 213043 module, you need to use the HCI UART interface and hex file generated from MTB.

If you want to develop custom tool, then we can provide you the HCI command flow for the same.

For readily available tools , please refer to below options:

Cypress Programmer available here: https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions

Chipload : Programming Using Chipload.exe - KBA228316

Thanks,
Anjana

Which one should I use, chipload or cypressprogrammer?

I think the later one is GUI tool.

I have installed it but I cant see any target? I want to flash the hex file I have generated by building the Smartlight sample project

Br,

Pv

0 Likes

Hi ,

You can use use any .

For the GUI , after installing please plug the EVAL board. It will list the device.

You have to open Peripheral UART for debug logs. By default baud rate will be 115200 bps.

Please go through the readme.txt of associated demo application in MTB.

I would suggest you to go through WICED ACADEMY files to get familiar with our BT device and IDE : GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class

Regards,
Anjana

peva_3795836
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First question asked

Also is it possible to see the UART logs from the board. I see two com ports , WICED HCI UART and WICED PERIPHERAL UART.Which one can output the logs.

What will be the UART terminal settings. I am using teraterm tool.

Thanks in advance !

P

0 Likes