PSOC 6 Errors running the port aquire

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WyLe_4547406
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I keep trying to program my psoc 6 ble pioneer kit. Every time I try it comes up with this error.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

I have updated my firmware and it connects to the programmer. i have tried programming with the psoc programmer open and closed.

pastedImage_2.png

I tried following several suggested steps for similar issues and none seemed to work.

0 Likes
11 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Just from your description, you are able to program the DVK board using PSoC Programmer, but failed in PSoC Creator, correct? Please make sure you have closed PSoC Programmer when asserting device acquire in PSoC Creator.

BTW, the following thread may help you more or less -

Anybody know why PSoC creator cannot connect to a device, while PSoc programmer has no problem?

Hello, I had the programmer closed I also followed all the steps and made sure the connection was correct and the board still failed to connect.

0 Likes

Yes I can program the DVK board using PSoC Programmer, but failed in PSoC Creator.

0 Likes

Hi,

The voltage you measure on the Kit is too low (1.5V) to power up!

Please check the voltage selection switch (SW5) if it is really set to one of the three positions. The switch isn't really good and sometime does not stay in position properly. If you are using the adjustable voltage setting, probably try to increase the voltage in the port settings in case your 1.8V setting is completely off on that board.

Achim

Hello, I have tried switching port SW5 to all positions. I have also tried every voltage setting besides 5v because it is to much for the board to handle. It still will not acquire the port no matter what setting I have it on.

0 Likes
WyLe_4547406
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Is there a chance the board is running into some sort of failure to connect without me doing anything wrong? I have tried multiple different ways to get the board to program in creator and none seam to work. It connects with the psoc programmer which does not make sense why it would not program in psoc creator.

0 Likes

I don't know of any way the Kitprog could do this. Basically this number should be either around 3300 or 1800 depending of your voltage setting of SW5.

pastedImage_0.png

Can you measure the actual supply voltage on your board?

VCCD, VDD, VDDA, ...

Capture.PNG

I am not sure why the voltage was so low when I took the screen capture now it seems to be at a better number.

0 Likes
WyLe_4547406
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Does anyone know what is happening? Is the product defective?

0 Likes

Hi WyLe_4547406,

What version of PSoC Programmer do you use?
Chould you try to switch from BULK to HID mode in KitProg (need pres SW3, LED3 shoul slowly blinking..)?

Regards,
Nazar

0 Likes

I use PSoC Programmer version 3.28.5. I am running into some other problems but once I get a chance I will try this.

0 Likes